Jump to content
Highfox

New amp day!

Recommended Posts

Decided to sell off the Aggie Th500 I had been using mainly as a stand by.

I have been using the Rumble 500 and (sometimes) a 210 extension cab for most of my gigs the past few years..decided I like the slightly overdriven and compressed sound I get from the Rumble.. ..anyway long story short a Bassman 500 was going locally and managed to pick it up for the same price I sold my TH for. Happy camper with the Bassman so far and might trade a spare cab I have to stick a 115 or another 210 under what I have now and keep the Rumble 500 combo for smaller gigs or when I can’t be bothered to shift the other stuff.

Looks cool, sounds great!imageproxy.php?img=&key=4b3806f48250f55a5237D535-04E9-4911-9DEA-B24A55EBD1CB.thumb.jpeg.cf1b914f6e13e6e55c89d592abdc3711.jpeg

Edited by Highfox
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooh, wouldn't want to be your back...I had the 100w version of this way back when...heavy mudda...admire your commitment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Oooh, wouldn't want to be your back...I had the 100w version of this way back when...heavy mudda...admire your commitment.

It's the Hybrid version not the all tube :) Less than 8kg's. I'd go for the all tube I think if I didn't have to move it too much.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, Highfox said:

It's the Hybrid version not the all tube :) Less than 8kg's. I'd go for the all tube I think if I didn't have to move it too much.

 

Nice one. So does this have a tube pre and solid state power stage? Excuse my ignorance 🙄

Edited by Deedee
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Deedee said:

 

Nice one. So does this have a tube pre and solid state power stage? Excuse my ignorance 🙄

That's it exactly DD.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/12/2018 at 16:07, Highfox said:

Decided to sell off the Aggie Th500 I had been using mainly as a stand by.

I have been using the Rumble 500 and (sometimes) a 210 extension cab for most of my gigs the past few years..decided I like the slightly overdriven and compressed sound I get from the Rumble.. ..anyway long story short a Bassman 500 was going locally and managed to pick it up for the same price I sold my TH for. Happy camper with the Bassman so far and might trade a spare cab I have to stick a 115 or another 210 under what I have now and keep the Rumble 500 combo for smaller gigs or when I can’t be bothered to shift the other stuff.

Looks cool, sounds great!imageproxy.php?img=&key=4b3806f48250f55a5237D535-04E9-4911-9DEA-B24A55EBD1CB.thumb.jpeg.cf1b914f6e13e6e55c89d592abdc3711.jpeg

How does the Bassman OD compare to the Rumble? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, The59Sound said:

How does the Bassman OD compare to the Rumble? 

Hi. I haven't had a chance to use it with the band yet! But I think it will work very nicely, you can blend in the clean and tube driven channel so you can lose no lowend.

I never used the OD on the rumble, I had a Darkglass vintage tube pedal that I used to dirty it up when needed.

I'm really liking the Vintage channel on the bassman atm, it very very nice :) pleased wit it so far.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...