Why become a member? ×

New amp day!

Highfox

Decided to sell off the Aggie Th500 I had been using mainly as a stand by.

I have been using the Rumble 500 and (sometimes) a 210 extension cab for most of my gigs the past few years..decided I like the slightly overdriven and compressed sound I get from the Rumble.. ..anyway long story short a Bassman 500 was going locally and managed to pick it up for the same price I sold my TH for. Happy camper with the Bassman so far and might trade a spare cab I have to stick a 115 or another 210 under what I have now and keep the Rumble 500 combo for smaller gigs or when I can’t be bothered to shift the other stuff.

Looks cool, sounds great!imageproxy.php?img=&key=4b3806f48250f55a5237D535-04E9-4911-9DEA-B24A55EBD1CB.thumb.jpeg.cf1b914f6e13e6e55c89d592abdc3711.jpeg

Edited by Highfox
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

Oooh, wouldn't want to be your back...I had the 100w version of this way back when...heavy mudda...admire your commitment.

It's the Hybrid version not the all tube :) Less than 8kg's. I'd go for the all tube I think if I didn't have to move it too much.

8 hours ago, Highfox said:

It's the Hybrid version not the all tube :) Less than 8kg's. I'd go for the all tube I think if I didn't have to move it too much.

Nice one. So does this have a tube pre and solid state power stage? Excuse my ignorance 🙄

Edited by Deedee
Typo

On 18/12/2018 at 16:07, Highfox said:

Decided to sell off the Aggie Th500 I had been using mainly as a stand by.

I have been using the Rumble 500 and (sometimes) a 210 extension cab for most of my gigs the past few years..decided I like the slightly overdriven and compressed sound I get from the Rumble.. ..anyway long story short a Bassman 500 was going locally and managed to pick it up for the same price I sold my TH for. Happy camper with the Bassman so far and might trade a spare cab I have to stick a 115 or another 210 under what I have now and keep the Rumble 500 combo for smaller gigs or when I can’t be bothered to shift the other stuff.

Looks cool, sounds great!imageproxy.php?img=&key=4b3806f48250f55a5237D535-04E9-4911-9DEA-B24A55EBD1CB.thumb.jpeg.cf1b914f6e13e6e55c89d592abdc3711.jpeg

How does the Bassman OD compare to the Rumble? 

45 minutes ago, The59Sound said:

How does the Bassman OD compare to the Rumble? 

Hi. I haven't had a chance to use it with the band yet! But I think it will work very nicely, you can blend in the clean and tube driven channel so you can lose no lowend.

I never used the OD on the rumble, I had a Darkglass vintage tube pedal that I used to dirty it up when needed.

I'm really liking the Vintage channel on the bassman atm, it very very nice :) pleased wit it so far.

• Like 1