Why become a member? ×

Yorkshire Bass Bash

JakeBrownBass

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='343377' date='Dec 2 2008, 07:11 PM']I was thinking (have passed this past Dave Ryan's nose as well) of a clinic at Electro Music in Doncaster in the new year. Where we don't just show off our gear & chat, but we get to share experiences & technical knowhow with no pressure from "known" celeb players or anything. How does that sound?

Rich.[/quote]

I'd definitely be up for that. Only an hour away from me in North Notts, and Electro is always worth a trip!

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='343377' date='Dec 2 2008, 07:11 PM']I was thinking (have passed this past Dave Ryan's nose as well) of a clinic at Electro Music in Doncaster in the new year. Where we don't just show off our gear & chat, but we get to share experiences & technical knowhow with no pressure from "known" celeb players or anything. How does that sound?

Rich.[/quote]
I think that's a good idea OutToPlay, and could be done in parrallel with the proposed Harrogate bash, as a different flavour convention. I'm a fan/customer of Dave & Electro, but the shop itself has hardly any room for its own gear, let alone what folk might want to bring, plus it seems to be open on both Saturdays and Sundays. And parking is non-existant!!!

I visualise a large room, or set of rooms, where between 10 to 20 BC'ers will come and try out each other's gear. I have a venue in mind which suits this, hasn't got stairs, has good parking and has a bar, with sandwiches available.

I am going to speak to the venue concerned, though even after haggling, there may be a hire charge. However, we can probably have a raffle or bucket to cover this. I shall report back!

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='344528' date='Dec 3 2008, 06:36 PM']Nothing better than a room full of bass nerds :)[/quote]
I went to the venue I'm thinking of for this bash, but the guy I need to speak to wasn't in. I did find myself explaining things to another member of staff, and feeling a bit nerdish. Kind of world on warcraft swaps fair'ish!!!

[quote name='timloudon' post='344628' date='Dec 3 2008, 07:29 PM']+1 for Leeds.

Although as long as I can get a train to wherever it is, that'll be fine.[/quote]
Trains come to Harrogate from Leeds in one direction and York in the other. So, you won't be bringing your 1x18 bin then?

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='344682' date='Dec 3 2008, 08:16 PM']Trains come to Harrogate from Leeds in one direction and York in the other. So, you won't be bringing your 1x18 bin then?[/quote]

:)

Well... If I had one, it wouldn't be such a good idea. Although I do have an Epifani UL 4x10 - I'd like to bring it so others could have a play, but I'd need a lift from Burley.

When would this be happening?

[quote name='timloudon' post='344727' date='Dec 3 2008, 08:40 PM']:)

Well... If I had one, it wouldn't be such a good idea. Although I do have an Epifani UL 4x10 - I'd like to bring it so others could have a play, but I'd need a lift from Burley.

When would this be happening?[/quote]

I could probs fit you in and bring you along if no one else can't?

Jake

[quote name='timloudon' post='344782' date='Dec 3 2008, 09:18 PM']Were you thinking of organising it soon?[/quote]
I'll be reporting on venue/dates within a few days. Late Jan/early Feb is what I'm thinking. Gives you a chance to get used to what Santa's brought you :)

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='344614' date='Dec 3 2008, 07:17 PM']I went to the venue I'm thinking of for this bash, but the guy I need to speak to wasn't in. I did find myself explaining things to another member of staff, and feeling a bit nerdish. Kind of world on warcraft swaps fair'ish!!![/quote]

I went to the venue I'm thinking of for this bash, but the guy I need to speak to wasn't in.