Why become a member? ×

Yorkshire Bass Bash

JakeBrownBass

If I'm around, then I'll be up for it.

Were you thinking of a weekend? Or a weekday evening? Might affect where we can all gather...
We could have 15 bassists and one guitarist - just to turn the tables on most jam nights...

Where's in the middle for most people? Huddersfield/Halifax? Or more Leeds way?
I'm only just in West Yorks here, teetering on the Lancs border, but I could make it to most places... Not that I have many free weekends.

It was billed as the Yorkshire Bass Bash, took place on June 29th and attendees came from as far as Donny, Cass and Harrogate.
I don't know if the timing was wrong ( I contacted [b]every[/b] Yorks based BC'er) as only around 15 Basschatters came but I dragged a few more other bassists in through contacts.
The Raffles and Auctions raised over £500 for music -related charities.
We have decent venue for £nada in Baildon (The Copper Beech Club) but I'd like to see a few more people stepping forward to help with the organisation( especially on the day) if it was repeated. Not that I'm saying there have not/won't be offers!

[quote]It was billed as the Yorkshire Bass Bash, took place on June 29th and attendees came from as far as Donny, Cass and Harrogate.
I don't know if the timing was wrong ( I contacted every Yorks based BC'er) as only around 15 Basschatters came but I dragged a few more other bassists in through contacts.
The Raffles and Auctions raised over £500 for music -related charities.
We have decent venue for £nada in Baildon (The Copper Beech Club) but I'd like to see a few more people stepping forward to help with the organisation( especially on the day) if it was repeated. Not that I'm saying there have not/won't be offers![/quote]

I was working on that day last time! Was really looking forward to it!

Jake

Edited by jake_tenfloors

Talk about a timely thread! Having been inspired by the recent North East mini convention (not that I went), I was about to suggest I sorted something out similar for a Harrogate venue. I was thinking of it being a Saturday in late Jan or Feb. The reason for Harrogate is its easy to get to from the A1 for the North East members, and of also most of Leeds, Bradford and York is within 25 miles. There's also several BCers in Harrogate already.

I have a venue in mind that can cope with all numbers.

So, if folk want me to proceed with this, I will.

[quote name='jake_tenfloors' post='343009' date='Dec 2 2008, 01:45 PM']harrogate sounds good to me!

I'll add a poll for preferred day!

Jake[/quote]
Good idea.

Once we are further down the road on this, I'll see if Jim Fleeting wants to show some of his creations ...maybe demonstrated by AARGH! ?

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='343000' date='Dec 2 2008, 01:42 PM']Talk about a timely thread! Having been inspired by the recent North East mini convention (not that I went), I was about to suggest I sorted something out similar for a Harrogate venue. I was thinking of it being a Saturday in late Jan or Feb. The reason for Harrogate is its easy to get to from the A1 for the North East members, and of also most of Leeds, Bradford and York is within 25 miles. There's also several BCers in Harrogate already.

I have a venue in mind that can cope with all numbers.

So, if folk want me to proceed with this, I will.[/quote]

When was the NE one?! And why wasn't I invited?!

[quote name='M4L666' post='343336' date='Dec 2 2008, 06:27 PM']When was the NE one?! And why wasn't I invited?![/quote]

Did yee neet neeo marra? why heor is the original threed … [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=31250&hl=north+east"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...p;hl=north+east[/url]

an' heor is wot happened like ... [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=32690"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=32690[/url]

Wy'aye man ...I gan & git me coat

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='343377' date='Dec 2 2008, 07:11 PM']I was thinking (have passed this past Dave Ryan's nose as well) of a clinic at Electro Music in Doncaster in the new year. Where we don't just show off our gear & chat, but we get to share experiences & technical knowhow with no pressure from "known" celeb players or anything. How does that sound?

Rich.[/quote]

i havnt been there in years. is it still as excellent as i seem to remember it being?