Why become a member? ×

Sire v2 P7 or V7..?????

Mickyk

I'm in the market for one of these but i have the dilemma about which one to choose as i'm not good at deciding which Guitar to buy i thought i'd get some feedback from yous guys.

So which one would you choose....and why. 

Edited by Mickyk

I have an ash V7 5-string and love it to bits, but if the V7 and P7 had been released at the same time I think I'd probably have had the P7 instead. Sometimes I'd like the thump of a P pickup at the neck, and the J just doesn't quite do it.

• Like 1

On 22/11/2018 at 23:21, CameronJ said:

@Mickyk looks like you already have a Yamaha BB? Adding another PJ to your collection may not add a great deal, so I’d suggest the V7 for a completely different flavour (Sire active jazz vs Yamaha passive PJ)

Yep take your point about my BB and i love it bits,i also i have an Ibanez SR500 which i equally love to bits as well.I play in  60s/ Rock n roll type band and the BB has served me well for that genre,maybe i should try and impart a more rounded sound into the band by going for the Jazz,?what do you think.

I chose the vintage V7 jazz fiver, ash body maple board. Mainly because that's a combo of specs that I'd have to spend three or four times as much to get elsewhere. There's so many options with the body and board that you can be spoiled for choice. I'd personally go for the one that gives you the most variance from what you already have. But, you might be looking for a quality but inexpensive backup, so you need as close to what you've already got. Your choice. I've been no help whatsoever.

3 hours ago, Mickyk said:

Yep take your point about my BB and i love it bits,i also i have an Ibanez SR500 which i equally love to bits as well.I play in  60s/ Rock n roll type band and the BB has served me well for that genre,maybe i should try and impart a more rounded sound into the band by going for the Jazz,?what do you think.

The V7 Jazz will definitely full a different sonic role to the BB and SR you already have - I say go for it!

• Like 1