Why become a member? ×

Paid NOT to play? Update.

leschirons

7 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Doesn't that apply to pretty much all Jazz? 😂

For a while I actually made a living (well part of a living anyway) playing  - mostly - Jazz to rooms full of people who were too busy yakking and/or eating to pay much attention to what I was doing. And yes, you can get away with playing pretty much anything you fancy for as long as you fancy. Good money, minimal gear and you don't have to share the proceeds with four other people. What's not to like? :)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

Let us know what musical genre you favour, and I'm pretty sure there'll be a queue of folks howling about just how awful it is..! :lol: :P

Yeah, I think that was pretty much covered earlier today on the thread with the guy doing the acoustic Iron Maiden cover. 

Call me a heathen if you like, I care not a jott, but I'll take Steve Harris'  dum de dums over Jaco Pisstakinbass' pretentious muppetry any day. 

Edited by Newfoundfreedom
I couldn't bring myself to even write j@zz.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Yeah, I think that was pretty much covered earlier today on the thread with the guy doing the acoustic Iron Maiden cover. 

Call me a heathen if you like, I care not a jott, but I'll take Steve Harris over Jacko Pisstakinbass any day. 

To be utterly frank, 'heathen' was not what immediately came to mind. 9_9

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, leftybassman392 said:

For a while I actually made a living (well part of a living anyway) playing  - mostly - Jazz to rooms full of people who were too busy yakking and/or eating to pay much attention to what I was doing. And yes, you can get away with playing pretty much anything you fancy for as long as you fancy. Good money, minimal gear and you don't have to share the proceeds with four other people. What's not to like? :)

What? Solo bass jazz or where you playing another instrument? 

8 hours ago, leftybassman392 said:

Could just as easily have been, but no. It was guitar, and I'm not ashamed to say it. :lol:

Blimey - first Jaco noodling and now this - whatever next 😯😬😂 

I too quite like the occassional Steve Harris wangbangaboomalong as well (with apologies for any 60s/70s Eurovision song potential copyright infringement...) 

• Like 1