Why become a member? ×

TC - No more Tore?

radiophonic

Just now, ped said:

Owned by behringer now. All the people I knew at TC have left over the last couple of years. 

Tore is totally the public face of their pedal operation though. To the average player, Tore IS TC.  I'm hardly a fanboy, but this looks like a significant change.

• Like 1

I don’t remember if I met him but all the guys in marketing and the amplifier design end have left. I’m not sure if there’s anything underhand happening, just that I think TC are closing the Aarhus factory/office I think so lots of guys who worked there are not willing to relocate and their jobs are basically up for grabs. I might be wrong but I think that’s what my friend said. I’ll ask him for more details. 

That's my worry too. TC innovated like crazy over the last 10 years and really made a lot of impact with players. The Flashback and Hall of Fame are pretty much ubiquitous these days.  After Behringer took over, all we've really seen is some cheap old pedals rebadged (albeit improved build quality). Spectradrive was a minor development I suppose, but not really innovation as such. I'm guessing he stuck around for the relaunch of Toneprint - which is now more or less right IMO. Certainly a big improvement. Closing the Aarhus factory (news to me), inevitable loss of tech people, losing the public face of the brand, price cuts (not that I'm complaining). Maybe they are getting out of pedals, in favour of studio plugin gear like the 2290? It's a crowded market after all. Time will tell. 

• Like 1

On 01/11/2018 at 17:50, micguy said:

So does the introduction of the new (no toneprint) bass amps mean that Tone Prints (and the support for them) are getting phased out?gosh, I hope not.

There's suggestions that a lot of the 'new' TC pedals are rehoused Behringer ones. 

Looks like Tore has joined Universal Audio. Hopefully it works out for all concerned. Quite a different emphasis as a company.  Side note: as soon as Tore left TC, the switch on my Flashback went noisy. Like the same day. I’m not sure where to look for a replacement delay, but unless they make their direction clearer, I doubt it will be TC.