Why become a member? ×

Help please

N Tobias

Hi. My late husband was a great bass player and member of this forum. He sadly died in May 2017 at the age of 50 and I have a few items of bass equipment that I now feel it is time to sell. His bass guitars have been inherited by our children and nephew as we couldn't bear not to see his basses around the house. I am hoping our nephew (only 5 at the moment) will go on to play it one day as every time he came over he asked if Uncle Jerry would teach him one day. The stuff I want to sell includes a bass head, dual band compressor, tuner and preamp. It is all in very good condition and in the original boxes with user manual/instructions. It looks it great condition and he did look after all his stuff really well. But I don't know where to start? I don't want to post stuff if that can be helped so would want to sell collection only (Bournemouth). The equipment has just been sitting in its boxes in his bass bag since his last gig in October 2016 before he got too ill to play. I know he would want it to go to a good home and be used again but I just find this all a bit daunting. How do I go about posting items for sale (I have taken some photos) on the forum please? And there is little point in people asking me technical questions because I won't know the answer. Any help/suggestions much appreciated. Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

I think that when the moderators / Ped see this post they'll be in touch to help you out.

The members of this forum are lovely and I'm sure will do everything they can for you.

I'm sorry for your loss and I hope that you manage to sort everything out.

Hugh

@ped
@Dad3353

@Hamster

@Rich

@Cat Burrito

Edited by Teebs
  • Like 3

If there's anyone in the region that would be willing to take this on and manage it (for instance, move the items out, getting them sold, then hand over proceeds, or similar...), that could lift the burden, maybe..? A PM (to Ped, perhaps..?) would be a way to get such a ball rolling.
Just an idea; hope this helps. (I'm obviously too far away, so can only offer my sincere condolences...)

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 2