Why become a member? ×

Geddy Lee USA Jazz Bass - Now Withdrawn
£1495

spongebob

After some hesitation, I have decided to put up my Fender USA Geddy Lee Jazz.

A dream bass, only a change in circumstance has led me to selling - otherwise, I'd never let this one go.

It's a 2016 build stamp, but it was purchased brand new, by myself, a few months ago. It's had very little play time - so the condition is immaculate. Couple of tiny marks which won't picture, that's it. It's a beauty.

All case candy, hard case, everything is included. A rare opportunity to snag one of these in this condition on the used market.

If you've got this far, you'll know how good these are. They nail that growly Geddy tone to a tee. The neck is the same Custom Shop one which Geddy has on his - plus the new signature high mass bridge, pearloid pickguard, the works.

Compared to the MIJ/MIM - there is no comparison! This is a different league - it's clear why it retails at just under £2000 new.

No trades - straight sale only please.

Best part is, I'm only asking £1495 for it. For that, in the UK, I will included the courier (usually UPS) to your door. Payment by bank transfer for this item please. EU postage can be done without issue, although that would add an additional £50. Bass will be dispatched within a couple of days - it's replacement will provide me with the shipping carton!

I'm based down on the Romney Marsh in Kent. Check out my feedback thread for validation.

Any questions, please PM. Thanks for looking! SB 😀

IMG_20180930_154936.jpg

IMG_20180930_154941.jpg

IMG_20180930_154946.jpg

IMG_20180930_154950.jpg

IMG_20180930_154954.jpg

IMG_20180930_155002.jpg

IMG_20180930_155011.jpg

IMG_20180930_155014.jpg

IMG_20180930_155020.jpg

IMG_20180930_155035.jpg

IMG_20180930_155245.jpg

Edited by spongebob
  • Like 1

Who cares what they weigh.

These are absolutely fantastic basses. The feel, the tone, the neck - they’re more custom shop feel than signature. I had one, sold it and really really shouldn’t have. That and my modulus vj4. Why oh why........

Someone buy this and save me the pain of looking at it.....please.....

You are all spot on. 

Call it a moment of madness, self doubt....but I am now withdrawing this from sale. Regardless of circumstances, I know I'd be regretting it forever more. 

Sorry for any confusion, but it's just too good to part with. 

• Like 3

I own one of these and can honestly say it’s the best jazz bass I have ever played. They are on the same level as custom shop basses. The pickups are amazing not can you get that geddy growly tone but if you roll the tone off you can get so many sounds. The neck is fantastic with the hand rubbed oil finish on the back making it super fast some people are put off by the specs of it having a slightly thicker neck than the MIJ and MIM geddy lees but it’s a much more comfortable neck I’m my opinion. You rarely see these on the used market if I didn’t already own mine I’d snap it up. GLWS