Why become a member? ×

Mark Kermode and bass

BreadBin

I'm quite a fan of his film review show with Simon Mayo so know he talks about skiffle, americana and the double bass quite often. I remember one show when he played a duet with Tom Hiddleston who was promoting his performance as Hank Williams in I Saw the Light. I recall Mark's DB playing was really melodic and understated. Not big into skiffle but his band the Dodge Brothers makes for quite an interesting listen.

6 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

These videos deal with his ‘recurring nightmare’ of finding himself in front of a large audience with a orchestra behind him and looking down to find a harmonica in his hands...

Great clips, ta.

As a young man, my recurring nightmare was similar but in mine I was always stark naked.  My orchestras were showing and I had a tiny mouth organ in my hands.

Edited by SpondonBassed

3 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

You’re welcome. I didn’t think he did that bad a job to be honest.

Nor did I.

I'm going to have to stop thinking of him as Mark Commode from now on though.  That's a reflection of my distaste for critics generally but not for MK personally by the way.