Why become a member? ×

Re-starter, another...

HCC

Hi all, I am from Amsterdam. I played bass during school days, and stopped for 12 years after graduation. Within this year, I have tried to recap everything with John Carruthers' custom bass (made in 2006) at home. In the meantime, I bought few basses, books and an amp to accelerate the progress, but not revealed the real price to my dear wife. 😛

Hope enjoy the bass and discussion with you guys.

CC

The Parable of the Lost Bass Player.

Jesus told them this parable: 

“Suppose one of you has a hundred guitarists but loses the bass player. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost Bass Player until he finds it?  And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders  and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost Bass Player.’ 7

I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one Bass Player who repents than over ninety-nine (self)righteous guitarists who do not need to repent.

We welcome you back, oh lost one....😂😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Welcome CC 

Glad to hear you're back on bass and enjoying it once more! 😁 even as an 'advanced player' I'm always buying books and learning the theory, techniques and anything I can learn to better myself as a musician as much as a bassist, so you're already making the right moves..... Other than not telling the Mrs but I get why 😉

Hope you enjoy the forum, it's a great place and so many friendly people here. 

• Like 1