Why become a member? ×

A boring P build.. or is it?

Bridgehouse

11 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

I’m not sure this thread is quite going in the direction I intended it to, as a documented P build....!

Sorry! 😁 

I think with 2 humbucker pickups like rubis said with 

_20180803_130125.thumb.JPG.6f01f285ff73151d0729efd3ac6e07c5.JPG

With this kind of finish

_20180803_131104.thumb.JPG.775bb70e63f107bc6b1390b323dd4304.JPG

1 hour ago, Bridgehouse said:

I’m not sure this thread is quite going in the direction I intended it to, as a documented P build....!

I must apologise also.  Sorry.

I've had my meds changed recently if that's of any use as an excuse but really, I think pickguards are largely unnecessary but then I am mostly a fingerstyle player.  I'd still love to see a Fender shape with some BRG* on it though.

*British Racing Green

Another fantasy finish I have had lurking in the back of my mind for quite a while is a laser etched design

I saw a Telecaster which had a paisley design laser etched onto the top, and was then stained with a 3 tone sunburst and then clear coated. It looked awesome, and you could probably get any design on there and retain some of the grain beneath, my idea was some sort of Mexican Day of the dead design with either a clear coat or subtle sunburst or stain added 

cb15ebaf7d5a1f0302608d35ce97dad3.jpg

22 hours ago, Geek99 said:

a piezo bridge with an East blend module?  Mr East himself was very helpful

Yes - the mpm-02 piezo/magnetic mixer is teeny weeny and works well.  The info sheet provided is, however, rubbish.  Jez (  @Jabba_the_gut ) had the same issue and John sent him a much clearer hand drawn sketch which Jez copied to me for Mick's Psilos bass. 

Why John doesn't just add a pdf of that on his web site or with the product I don't know, bless him, but if you get one give Jez or me a shout and we'll send you one.

1 hour ago, Oopsdabassist said:

Are ye mad?? that Purple flake is 'kin gorgeous!!!  😍

Remembering that your avatar comes from a world where Colonel Saunders has been resurrected by thawing out his deep frozen head and surgically attaching it to Arnold Schwarzenegger's headless donor body.  Nice.

Heeheehee

Despite that, I like a bit of loud metalflake here and there.

19 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

Remembering that your avatar comes from a world where Colonel Saunders has been resurrected by thawing out his deep frozen head and surgically attaching it to Arnold Schwarzenegger's headless donor body.  Nice.

Heeheehee

Wotcha talking about..that's a self portrait I'll have you know!! 😂

Edited by Oopsdabassist
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1