Why become a member? ×

one light weight cab solution

Kevin Dean

Barefaced midget and super compact for me, midget or super compact for small/ medium gigs, both for bigger places (or just for the hell of it). Attached to my TB1000 it’s never been over a third way up on both input and gain.

Barefaced Supercompact with a Quilter BB800 head does the job for me on a variety of different gigs with different basses and without PA support, I'm thinking particularly of a pretty loud blues/rock band I play with occasionally where I thought the one cab would struggle but it handles it effortlessly... The SC is just 10kg but it feels even lighter... I'm really pleased with this rig! 

• Like 1

You could do with looking at something like a TKS 1126 which will handle a ton of watts and truly be a one cab solution, similar to some of the Barefaced designs but MUCH better looking cabs, if you care about that sort of thing. Another one to look out for, although rarely seen in the UK, is a Baer ML112. There are others but those two are the first which come to my mind.

• Like 1

Fender Rumble Combo, the 2X10. Gives 350W as-is and 500W with a matching extension cab. However I've never taken the Master further than 10 o'clock and it sounds very warm, punchy and loud with no signs of stress at that level. I can't see myself buying the extension cab any time soon.