Why become a member? ×

Anyone else out of favour with the gear gods?

Luckystrike

Sorry, it's a straight up moan :D

In the last 3 weeks I've managed to snap a string while restringing, have a machine head strip while restringing, kill the input jack on my main combo, kill the volume pot on my practice amp,  and then today I spent 2 hours in a rehearsal studio chasing a volume drop around my pedal board before finally realising that the pickup on my P bass has given up the ghost. That's more total carnage than I've experienced in the last decade!

Was I a drummer in a previous life? Is anyone having a particularly good run of luck with their gear and fancy sending some my way?

8 hours ago, Luckystrike said:

Sorry, it's a straight up moan :D

In the last 3 weeks I've managed to snap a string while restringing, have a machine head strip while restringing, kill the input jack on my main combo, kill the volume pot on my practice amp,  and then today I spent 2 hours in a rehearsal studio chasing a volume drop around my pedal board before finally realising that the pickup on my P bass has given up the ghost. That's more total carnage than I've experienced in the last decade!

Was I a drummer in a previous life? Is anyone having a particularly good run of luck with their gear and fancy sending some my way?

No need to apologise.

Not meaning to take the weewee but with your screen name your situation is particularly ironic.  Better luck next week mate.

Appreciating the sympathy - I'm going to assume that this is 15 years of fortune stacked up ha ha.

On the plus side, nothing's broken today! (I've not touched anything just to make double sure)

Maybe it's a sign that I should go out and buy new gear? I think that's the safest way to interpret everything.

12 minutes ago, Luckystrike said:

Appreciating the sympathy - I'm going to assume that this is 15 years of fortune stacked up ha ha.

On the plus side, nothing's broken today! (I've not touched anything just to make double sure)

Maybe it's a sign that I should go out and buy new gear? I think that's the safest way to interpret everything.

GAS needs no excuse.  Fill your boots chap.

10 minutes ago, Steve Browning said:

I'd give onanism a miss for a while too!!

You may have overlooked the current trend for wonky things.