Why become a member? ×

TRADED!!- Fender Custom Shop 64 Jazz for Rickenbacker 4003- TRADED!!

Old Horse Murphy

Since I took ownership of Clarky's Riic 4003, my Jazz bass has hardly got a look in. All the Fender tones I need are taken care of by my Shuker, but I am completely besotted with Rickenbackers.

As a result, I am seriously contemplating on offering up my Fender Custom Shop Closet Classic 64 reissue Jazz in exchange for a Ric 4003.

This is one of the nicest Jazz basses I've ever played and is currently fitted with Wizard 84's. I have the original Fender pickups for this too, with all case candy but not case unfortunately.

The custom shop certificate is there too and the chrome pickup covers, It's in Burgundy Mist and was a custom order colour (1 of only 4 made in 2007).

Brand new these cost over £2,000 but I am looking for a swap with a Rickenbacker 4003 (in excellent conditon). However, if someone wants to buy this, then I'd be looking to cover the cost of a new 4003!!

This really is a feeler and I am only interested in Ricknebackers.

Here are some pics.

Thanks for looking

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Clarky' post='335122' date='Nov 23 2008, 08:19 PM']Hi Nick, what have I started! There's a nice Montezuma Brown 4003 FS somewhere on the Forum (thebeat's I think)[/quote]

Thanks Clarky- I've seen it. To be honest I don't want/can't affor dto buy one outright at the moment and was seeing if there is anyone interested in trades.

It is gorgeous though.....

PS I might try and get along to see you at the Peel. Last time I was there when we weren't playing I was mistaken for one of the Doormen...

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='335382' date='Nov 24 2008, 12:11 PM']PS I might try and get along to see you at the Peel. Last time I was there when we weren't playing I was mistaken for one of the Doormen...[/quote]
:)

Would be great if you could make it - I think the WitchDoktors are pretty entertaining too

Not too many Rick owners on BassChat (as I discovered) so have you tried posting on RickResource, which does have a fair few UK members?

[quote name='martthebass' post='335404' date='Nov 24 2008, 12:45 PM']Nick, don't do it.........just look on it as 'winter boredum'[/quote]

There's probably an element of that Mart. I'll see what's on offer but fo far there's been no bites. I certainly won't be upset if the Jazz stays with me. Ho Hum, what to do...

[quote name='Clarky' post='335389' date='Nov 24 2008, 12:24 PM']:)

Would be great if you could make it - I think the WitchDoktors are pretty entertaining too

Not too many Rick owners on BassChat (as I discovered) so have you tried posting on RickResource, which does have a fair few UK members?[/quote]

I shall give it a go Clarky- see you on the Ric Forum!!

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='335762' date='Nov 24 2008, 07:22 PM']Hiya Nick

Did you manage to get a case for the Ric?

I'm thinking of running my 4003 in stereo with the bridge pup to GS112 via LMII and the neck pup to GS112 NH via my Hartke LH500 :)

hehe...[/quote]

I've not been brave enough to try the stereo out yet Peter- I'll probably hear how you get on with it from Woking!

I've ordered one of the Pro-tec gigbags for the time being as the Ric cases cost an absolute fortune at the moment!