Why become a member? ×

NBD-Blue Squier Precision MIJ

yorks5stringer

I traded to this at the SW Bass Bash.  It appears to be 93/94 MIJ without the Silver Series decal and has had a Bassass II added. Not come across this shade Blue before but such a nice Bass, weighs in at just under 4kg and has nice punchy pick-ups and  40mm nut width.  It came with a different scratch plate and creme covers, swapping them out I noticed there was a brass plate below the pickups in the cavity.

Not an expert on early Squiers so if anyone can help with some background...? 

P1040733.thumb.JPG.5ebb46e883f0f188c9cf859669816448.JPGP1040734.thumb.JPG.36a49cbf8b0973ef1ac9faeff7e07dfc.JPGP1040735.thumb.JPG.542c84a236bd6f84f734b07f93f0c693.JPG

Edited by yorks5stringer
  • Like 3

All I can tell you is that it was bought new in Germany, before its owner (my uncle) went to live in the States in around 1996!

The BadAss was fitted 10 yrs later when my first go at a build was broken down for parts (a sad day).

It looks better with the original bits back on - what was I thinking?!?!

Pretty sure I put the serial number in to an online decoder years ago and it told me the factory it was built in (can’t remember now though) so maybe try that too?

Glad your happy with it!

I’ve started concocting all sorts of strange mod ideas for the tele!

• Like 2