Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision Deluxe

artisan

walked into PMT leeds this afternoon & spotted a rather nice P bass on the wall & i just had to have a go.
then i just had to buy it :)
you know how it is.
anyhow i managed to haggle £100.00 off,then they said they gave a free 3 year warranty which includes free setups too,wicked.
the guitar tech' set it up as i was paying for it & even he commented on how good the neck is-lowest action i've ever seen on a Fender & no rattles :huh: good service or what.
the bass plays beautifully & sounds ace (pitty about the ham fisted twat playing it :huh: )
anyway enough prattle,here's some crap photos taken in this afternoon's Yorkshire gloom.

btw my sh*te pic's don't do it justice.

Edited by artisan

[quote name='lonestar' post='334565' date='Nov 22 2008, 09:07 PM']Sounds like a perfect Saturday to me. No credit crunch up north then?!

Nice bass bet it sounds as good as it looks.
I'm currently saving up to buy some strings[/quote]

i know what you mean,i'll sh*te me pants when me visa bill arrives.
oh well :)

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='334537' date='Nov 22 2008, 07:09 PM']I have the same bass but with rosewood - you can see it in my avatar.

I know some people don't care for the American Deluxes but to me this is a great bass in a great colour. I love the neck. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.[/quote]

cheers mate.
they really are lovely basses,i'd never even considered one before but just spotted it on the wall & fell in lust with it.
i agree about the neck-this has the best neck & fretwork of any bass i've ever owned.

[quote name='artisan' post='334737' date='Nov 23 2008, 10:10 AM']cheers mate.
they really are lovely basses,i'd never even considered one before but just spotted it on the wall & fell in lust with it.
i agree about the neck-this has the best neck & fretwork of any bass i've ever owned.[/quote]

For me its weak point is the lack of passive switching - that would be a bonus I think.

I bought one a couple of weeks ago. Sound, feel and appearance are all fantastic. However, it suffers from the same problem as other active Fenders - the preamp is a bit all or nothing and I have Audere preamps in my other two Fenders and the passive style tone is so handy.

Reckon I might have to get the preamp in this one upgraded. Audere also offer passive switching on the modular preamps.

[quote name='bassbloke' post='335110' date='Nov 23 2008, 08:52 PM']I bought one a couple of weeks ago. Sound, feel and appearance are all fantastic. However, it suffers from the same problem as other active Fenders - the preamp is a bit all or nothing and I have Audere preamps in my other two Fenders and the passive style tone is so handy.

Reckon I might have to get the preamp in this one upgraded. Audere also offer passive switching on the modular preamps.[/quote]

i like the preamp on this,it's the only active bass that i've liked the stock preamp on :) ,but if i fall out with it i'll check these out.
the passive switch would be a bonus though.
cheers.

This is peachy....

Luv the wood....

Bet this sounds well growly with that MM PUP...

Enjoy! :huh:

[quote name='artisan' post='334488' date='Nov 22 2008, 04:35 PM']walked into PMT leeds this afternoon & spotted a rather nice P bass on the wall & i just had to have a go.
then i just had to buy it :)
you know how it is.
anyhow i managed to haggle £100.00 off,then they said they gave a free 3 year warranty which includes free setups too,wicked.
the guitar tech' set it up as i was paying for it & even he commented on how good the neck is-lowest action i've ever seen on a Fender & no rattles :huh: good service or what.
the bass plays beautifully & sounds ace (pitty about the ham fisted twat playing it :huh: )
anyway enough prattle,here's some crap photos taken in this afternoon's Yorkshire gloom.

btw my sh*te pic's don't do it justice.[/quote]

[quote name='foxthebiker' post='339314' date='Nov 28 2008, 12:16 PM']This is peachy....

Luv the wood....

Enjoy! :huh:[/quote]

cheers, it sounds absolutley ace.
the more i play it the more i love it,massive range of sounds & more punch than mike tyson :)

I had one of these, it was a great bass, superb range of tones from it, and excellent build quality too. I found the string tension a bit high for me strung through the body, so I reverted back to strung through the bridge and found it more comfortable, but then I like some flex in the strings, some don't.

Any road up, top quality bass that, enjoy.

[quote name='foxthebiker' post='339314' date='Nov 28 2008, 10:16 AM']This is peachy....

Luv the wood....

Enjoy! :)[/quote]

I wouldn't really describe the double jazz pickup as growly. It's a lot more refined and, well,gentle than a Musicman pickup. It adds a real 'ping' to the sound which can work well. I actually prefer the sound of the P pickup on it's own.

I definitely think the stock preamp needs to go though. Shame about the crappy exchange rate.

[quote name='Rayman' post='344320' date='Dec 3 2008, 05:37 PM']I had one of these, it was a great bass, superb range of tones from it, and excellent build quality too. I found the string tension a bit high for me strung through the body, so I reverted back to strung through the bridge and found it more comfortable, but then I like some flex in the strings, some don't.

Any road up, top quality bass that, enjoy.[/quote]

thanks mate :)
i'm loving it so far,i reckon it's the best bass i've ever owned.
infact it feels as though it's been custom made just for me,& that's got to be a good thing.

[quote name='bassbloke' post='347476' date='Dec 6 2008, 08:59 PM']I wouldn't really describe the double jazz pickup as growly. It's a lot more refined and, well,gentle than a Musicman pickup. It adds a real 'ping' to the sound which can work well. I actually prefer the sound of the P pickup on it's own.

I definitely think the stock preamp needs to go though. Shame about the crappy exchange rate.[/quote]

:) i really like the stock preamp,tried it through my ampeg on friday & it sounds ace.i tend to set the pup pan slightly toward the P pickup & just use the bridge pup to add a little punch.
love it.