Why become a member? ×

Backbeat portable rumble: snake oil or ...whatever the opposite of snake oil is? Mongoose water?

visog

So saw this on Facebook.... I'm all for things that help people play better - you know: talent, ability, practise, etc but some things do help as a feedback mechanism: tone, bass set-up, record company hosing money at you, etc. So in lieu of all of these, we have this natty little device on Kickstarter. What do the wider-BC think? Victor Wooten's on board and he's quite good apparently?

Well, if it works (and at this stage I have no reason to believe it doesn’t) then it looks to be a much more practical alternative to something like the Tecamp pleasure boards, as it allows you to move with IEM-like freedom. If it doesn’t cost the earth, I’m interested. Off to google what the battery life is like...

Looks pretty cool tbh. I've been talking to the inventor and hopefully he's coming here to tell us more about it. I LOVE my Pleasure Board but wouldn't take it out of my office. This could be a fun portable version.

IIRC the batt life is 7 hours?

I asked the inventor if he might be able to come up with a similar product to go inside a digital piano so that one feels the vibrations of the notes through the keybed, which would take things a step closer to the feel of an acoustic instrument. He took notice of my suggestion.