Why become a member? ×

ltd F205.....Hipshot Kickass fit ???

weepaul

Had this bass for nearly 20 years, and noticed the bridge at the back appears to be lifting from the body.

Not to sure if I've smacked it off something or someone.......so was gonna get a new bridge.

The current bridge is a Gotoh copy, 6 screw mounting, would a Hipshot Kickass do the trick ? And would it be a straight swap ?

Cheers peeps.

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, weepaul said:

I may take the plunge. I don't think its gonna be a direct drop in. May have to fill & re-drill to mount this.

Any tips on mounting a bridge from scratch ?

Make sure the overall length from saddles to nut remains the same. If you set the A and D to the middle of the travel and work from that length it will give a bit of leeway for any adjustments you may need.

On 02/04/2018 at 21:30, T-Bay said:

Make sure the overall length from saddles to nut remains the same. If you set the A and D to the middle of the travel and work from that length it will give a bit of leeway for any adjustments you may need.

I'd set the saddles at the end of travel. The string will never need to be shorter than the nominal full scale when setting intonation. They always adjust longer

1 hour ago, Norris said:

I'd set the saddles at the end of travel. The string will never need to be shorter than the nominal full scale when setting intonation. They always adjust longer

On almost all of mine the E is longer than the A and D strings, which is why I do it that way. I would rather have a bit of adjustment either way than put all the eggs in one basket as it were.

Edited by T-Bay