Why become a member? ×

Anyone Else Seen These?

LowBlow

Another new Muff! I wonder how many other variations they can think of.

The Worm has been about for a while now, but I don't remember anyone voicing any opinions on it with a bass. You might have just volunteered to stick up your thoughts in the review section. :)

[quote name='Musky' post='331718' date='Nov 18 2008, 07:13 PM']You might have just volunteered to stick up your thoughts in the review section. :)[/quote](in his best Homer Simpson voice) DOH! :huh:

The worm was on ehx's site a good few weeks ago but I didn't find anyone else selling it. The site says delivery in December so I don't think they're on the shelves just yet.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Mr Shiny Cadillackness' post='342729' date='Dec 2 2008, 10:24 AM']Does anyone know if the Signal Pad could possibly be used with active basses, to make active-unfriendly fuzz pedals usable?[/quote]
it only adjusts the volume of the signal. Volume has nothing to do with why active basses f*** up fuzzes, its all about the low impedance they have, and this unit does not raise impedance, so unfortunatly no, this wouldnt work for that

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='dangerboy' post='331783' date='Nov 18 2008, 08:46 PM']Aargh!

I want an XO PolyChorus. And an XO Deluxe Memory Man. That would make the EHX range perfect.

Do these new models run off 9V? My big problem with a lot of old EHX pedals is that you need a different power supply for each one.[/quote]

Diago do leads for most pedals including the EHX pedals with the tiny jacks and different power requirements (usa big muff, 18v and black big muff etc.). Not cheap but convenient. I guess you could have some made up? My local electronics shop does stuff like that as i know a guy who works there, they don't like doin it though as it's not worth the mate's rate's i pay em!

Edited by lemmywinks

[quote name='Mr Shiny Cadillackness' post='342729' date='Dec 2 2008, 10:24 AM']Does anyone know if the Signal Pad could possibly be used with active basses, to make active-unfriendly fuzz pedals usable?[/quote]
which fuzzes do people think are active unfriendly? the only one i've had problems with is the wooly mammoth and that was cured by rolling down the volume to the point where it stop over saturating the circuit

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='344436' date='Dec 3 2008, 05:42 PM']The muff is famed for it. Chino from Seerkind (sings in my band) loves his muff but it doesn't agree with actives.[/quote]
big muffs work absolutly fine with active basses, no issues at all with the 4 different versions iv owned with several active basses

Edited by BassManKev