Why become a member? ×

73 Fender Precision

barks

FOR SALE - FENDER PRECISION with added J pickup.
[attachment=16018:DSCF1387.JPG][attachment=16029:DSCF1392.JPG]
[attachment=16019:DSCF1383.JPG][attachment=16022:DSCF1385.JPG]
[attachment=16026:DSCF1382.JPG][attachment=16028:DSCF1386.JPG]
The bass has an original 1973 body, maple neck with Rosewood board and tuners. It has been fitted with seymour duncan quarter pounders.
The bass is currently fitted with TI flatwound strings but I could put some roundwound strings on the bass if prefered.

I bought this from a fellow basschatter in the summer for £850 and would be happy to sell it on for the same price.
Let me know if you would like to see some more photos as I do have a few more.
I am based in Derby.

Cheers
Neil.

Edited by barks

This used to be mine. It's a lovely bass, although i cannot for the life of me understand removal of the original PUPS for QPs, which would seem the wrong PUPs for the bass. Stick a couple of Wizards in there and you've got 70's bass heaven :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='330125' date='Nov 16 2008, 03:20 PM']This used to be mine. It's a lovely bass, although i cannot for the life of me understand removal of the original PUPS for QPs, which would seem the wrong PUPs for the bass. Stick a couple of Wizards in there and you've got 70's bass heaven :)[/quote]

The pickups were changed by a previous owner although I did wonder about why they had been changed. They sound pretty good although I hadn't heard the bass before so I can't say whether it's better now or not.

[quote name='richardd' post='334510' date='Nov 22 2008, 05:19 PM']Sorry Jamie they went ages ago, one was Fender and one wizard I believe.[/quote]

Yep, Wizard custom overwound JPUP and original Fender PPUP, sounded great with that combo
Chris

[quote name='markbass555' post='335323' date='Nov 24 2008, 10:15 AM']Hi,

Is the neck jazz width or precision width? Also you interested in any trades?

Dave[/quote]

Hi Dave,
its a Precision width neck. I'm asuming that its the original from before the J pickup was added - a former owner on here may be able to confirm that for you.

I've been offered some trades but nothing has stuck yet. You never know though...!

Neil.

• 3 weeks later...

Post Christmas bump.

I've had quite a bit of interest in this bass but it's still here and available.

I would rather get a cash sale than trade I'm afraid. I would also rather sell to someone in the UK if possible rather than ship overseas, so apologies to those people that have been in touch from outside the UK.

Neil.