Why become a member? ×

SOLD

Smash

[quote name='Smash' post='330529' date='Nov 17 2008, 11:36 AM']...has anybody sent a bass for a neck and tuners to be fitted?[/quote]
stingrayfan (Matt) has, and I'm sure others have too.

Good luck with the sale - I would have it if I could, love these basses!

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='352448' date='Dec 12 2008, 09:29 AM']I've played this bass and it's a real beaut. If it had five strings, I'd be on my way to Norwich now. :)[/quote]
Thanks Homer, I really do love the bass but I have to make way for a couple of new jazz basses.

[quote name='Merton' post='352449' date='Dec 12 2008, 09:30 AM']stingrayfan (Matt) has, and I'm sure others have too.

Good luck with the sale - I would have it if I could, love these basses![/quote]

I am now going that route with a new Jazz cannot wait to see the final result. But will probably have to fit the Tuners and Neck myself that's the worrying part.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='353062' date='Dec 12 2008, 07:58 PM']Someone buy this! If you've ever played the standard Groove, you'll know that trimax pickup is astounding, especially as it's only a 9v pre as well. With the graphite neck, this is as rare as hen's teeth & needs to be played in anger! I'd buy it myself, but I'm about to drop £2k on another Status...[/quote]

MB1. :)
Why?, do i find that last statement....Totally Unsurprising! :huh:

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='353103' date='Dec 12 2008, 08:33 PM']Erm, cos after selling my KingBass I'm going... er... Christmas shopping in Colchester on Monday?? :brow:[/quote]

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
youre not entirely Kingbassless????

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='353113' date='Dec 12 2008, 08:43 PM']I'll move this to pm, Martin. We're hijacking this poor guy's thread & he has an awesome bass to sell here!

Rich.[/quote]

Quite rightly so!......BUMP!

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='354017' date='Dec 14 2008, 01:57 AM']I don't have the money set aside anymore, sorry.[/quote]
no worries, infact I am hoping some extra money might come some other way and I can keep her but it looks bleak.

Hi Sorry for the late replies.... Christmas etc etc

[quote name='MB1' post='359505' date='Dec 20 2008, 12:36 PM']MB1. :)
Does this just string through the bridge?.. or is it through body stringing as well?[/quote]

It is strung through the bridge only.

[quote name='flychris' post='359704' date='Dec 20 2008, 04:40 PM']Could it be possible to describe a bit the sound or post a soundclip ?

and could you says what are the controls ?[/quote]

The sound is quite similar to a Stingray but probably a bit smoother to my ears.

The controls are active/passive switch, treble / bass / volume when active and volume only when passive

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='360137' date='Dec 21 2008, 11:55 AM']And how much does it weigh?[/quote]

Oh I don't have a set of scales sorry about that but about the same as my Geddy Lee Jazz

[quote name='ben_eat_pie' post='361340' date='Dec 22 2008, 07:50 PM']Any interest in a fender hotrodded P bass?
In olympic white, tort pickguard, body strung.

Only a feeler though - that neck just looks stupidly sexy!

Ben[/quote]

Thanks Ben but only interested in another Status, thanks anyways.

Infact now thinking I would love another Status so will probably go back to swaps again plus cash for that elusive Stealth, or a solid colour S2.

• 2 months later...