Why become a member? ×

1992 Warwick Streamer Stage 1 Custom with Snapped Neck. £500

Yeah we've already had a thread on this one. The guy is a dreamer with that price - originally was 350ish and as high as 800ish. It's for parts only, can't see it possibly being repaired with the amount of wood missing

Offering £300 was very generous!  I saw a whole bag of 'W' hardware (2 sets) sell on ebay for £43, so you'd be paying £257 for a set of used MECs and a preamp (firewood body is free).  :)  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warwick-Gold-Hardware-Bass-4-String/253319179248?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

45 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

Offering £300 was very generous!  I saw a whole bag of 'W' hardware (2 sets) sell on ebay for £43, so you'd be paying £257 for a set of used MECs and a preamp (firewood body is free).  :)  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warwick-Gold-Hardware-Bass-4-String/253319179248?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

tbf that hardware probably isnt the same as this which should be the solid brass variety. I still agree that £300 is very generous.

Yeah the bridges on the ebay deal may not be of the same standard as the 92 but I've seen modern German Wicks and the bridges aren't as 'solid' as I'd expected.  :)  

However, the basket case of a bass being offered is only good for parts and I could happily supply anyone with all of 80's 90's parts for £300 and throw in a bag of kindling for free!  :biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...

The break runs down to about 4th or 5th fret in the back of the neck so you would lose an awful lot of scale length, maybe 5 or 6 inches at a guess. Also you would need an entire refret or new fretboard for that to work as well as all the headless bits like bridge and neck plate etc.

Really it is only worth the value of the components which is £200 tops if the bridge is solid brass and not alloy