Why become a member? ×

Basses for sale (SOLD:Fender MM5, New items..)

Bass Wielder

UPDATE:
The [b][u]Fender MM5[/u][/b] is sold (payment pending). Went for a great deal at £850. To all the hesitant ones...[b][/b]you missed a great deal!
The [b][u]Carvin BB75P [/u][/b]is being viewed this week!! So if there are any more of you not sure...don't wait before its too late! For almost any other custom bass with this specs/mods and sound, you will pay an arm or a leg or mortgage etc...
I'm now offering at nearest to £900
NEW ITEMS:
[b][u]KSD 705 [/u][/b]fretted 5 string bass. Mods/upgrades include: Hipshot Ultralite tuners, Badass Bridge, J-Retro custom pre-amp, Nordstrand NJ5FS jazz p/ups, Bone Nut, Schaller strap locks.....
Had this for just over a year so its in mint. It will rival any high end jazz bass. have doubts? Come try for yourself. Asking £895 or very best!
[b][u]KSD FLBK5 [/u][/b]fretless 5 string bass. With J-Retro deluxe pre-amp. Had this less than a year and in great condition. (Bought with a couple scratches on the back). This is a lovely sounding instrument made even better with John's elecs onboard. Asking £795 or best.
Sorry to see these go but I'm not a collector and I believe they have to be played regularly (or they can get sad...)
The [b]CMI [/b] 4 string fretted I have kept! Sorry guys but this is a very good vintage and I had a change of mind!

Ampeg V4-B amp head. 1974 in great condition. Not sure how much to ask but I've kept this baby running for a long time and solved most major problems over the years. Its been serviced and re-valved recently and is very reliable and of course ...sounds lovely!

Hi All,
These have got to go as I'm funding a couple of new basses so the prices are negotiable (with reason of course)...
[b]Basses[/b][u][/u]

1. [b]Carvin BB75P [/b][u][/u]- Built Nov 2004 and hardly used so in mint! ,Figured walnut/mahogany body,matching headstock, 24 fret 5 piece wide maple/walnut neck, ebony fingerboard,Seymour Duncan SMB5A pickups(x2),U-Retro active preamp,bone nut,Schaller strap locks. (had the electronics done by John East himself). Original Carvin hardcase and gig bag included!! £1095
2. [b]Fender Marcus Miller 5-string (USA). [/b][u][/u]Natural and in mint. Shaped Hard case included. You know what this is so I'll not describe! I was given this bass by a friend/fan early this year and have not used much due to busy schedule. Looking for the pickup bell plate at the moment..duh..Save yourself a few hundred quid and buy this for..£1050
3. [b]CMI 4string jazz copy.[/b][u][/u] A lovely sounding vintage thats been well used. This baby has EMG's and a Badass bridge! Gig bag included. £250

I'll try to put up some photos asap. I prefer collection but will consider reasonable meet ups...
Feel free to contact me for more details or to arrange a viewing/play/purchase!! Come on now.....
Michael: 07751062966
[email protected]

ps. I've got some other stuff on the go as well so will put in relevant areas...have a look Edited by mcruiz67

[quote name='mr_russ' post='33802' date='Jul 18 2007, 07:08 PM']Hi- I'd be interested in pics of the marcus 5

r[/quote]
Hi. sorry to be so tardy with replies. I had a gigfull w/end! I just took some pics of all my basses today but I've got an old school camera (love film) so will post in a day or two.
BTW.....I'm thinking of selling my heavily modified KSD. It has: J-Retro, Badass, Nordstrands, hipshots.....
Cheers to all

Hi all,
Here are some new photos and ...price reductions!!
[quote name='mcruiz67' post='33674' date='Jul 18 2007, 03:02 PM']Hi All,
These have got to go as I'm funding a couple of new basses so the prices are negotiable (with reason of course)...
[b]Basses[/b][u][/u]

1. [b]Carvin BB75P [/b][u][/u]- Built Nov 2004 and hardly used so in mint! ,Figured walnut/mahogany body,matching headstock, 24 fret 5 piece wide maple/walnut neck, ebony fingerboard,Seymour Duncan SMB5A pickups(x2),U-Retro active preamp,bone nut,Schaller strap locks. (had the electronics done by John East himself). Original Carvin hardcase and gig bag included!! £1095
2. [b]Fender Marcus Miller 5-string (USA). [/b][u][/u]Natural and in mint. Shaped Hard case included. You know what this is so I'll not describe! I was given this bass by a friend/fan early this year and have not used much due to busy schedule. Looking for the pickup bell plate at the moment..duh..Save yourself a few hundred quid and buy this for..£1050
3. [b]CMI 4string jazz copy.[/b][u][/u] A lovely sounding vintage thats been well used. This baby has EMG's and a Badass bridge! Gig bag included. £250

I'll try to put up some photos asap. I prefer collection but will consider reasonable meet ups...
Feel free to contact me for more details or to arrange a viewing/play/purchase!! Come on now.....
Michael: 07751062966
[email protected]

ps. I've got some other stuff on the go as well so will put in relevant areas...have a look[/quote]

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='38145' date='Jul 28 2007, 02:17 PM']How come the fret inlays are blocks on those pictures? But they weren't before?[/quote]

What with PUPs and neck it would certainly seem to be experiencing some form of identity crisis (or mutating) :)

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='38145' date='Jul 28 2007, 02:17 PM']How come the fret inlays are blocks on those pictures? But they weren't before?[/quote]
Good spot! This bass sounded so good that I had the frets dressed(stoned?) on the original neck,but while that was being done I experimented wtih a different neck(Mighty Mite) and for good measure MEC p/ups on the original body. So that pic was taken while this was happening! Now its back to its original specs(at least how I got it).
Phew you guys don't miss a thing!! I did (as you can tell with that photo mishap).

The block inlay one is more the sort of neck you'd find on an old CMI. Surprised no-one else noticed it also has a J-Retro or similar in its dot-neck configuration. :)

Any chance of seeing some headstock pics (front & back) & neckplate pics? It's often possible to identify the manufacturer of old JapCrap copies from these details. Also, is the body solid timber or veneered ply? A lot of these basses used the 3-colour sunburst with solid black edges, to disguise the construction material.

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='38192' date='Jul 28 2007, 05:24 PM']The block inlay one is more the sort of neck you'd find on an old CMI. Surprised no-one else noticed it also has a J-Retro or similar in its dot-neck configuration. :)

Any chance of seeing some headstock pics (front & back) & neckplate pics? It's often possible to identify the manufacturer of old JapCrap copies from these details. Also, is the body solid timber or veneered ply? A lot of these basses used the 3-colour sunburst with solid black edges, to disguise the construction material.

J.[/quote]

You know I like it Jon :huh: , hurray for detail! Are you after it yourself? Don't worry about me fighting for it, £250 is too rich for me.

[quote name='paul, the' post='38208' date='Jul 28 2007, 06:12 PM']You know I like it Jon :) , hurray for detail! Are you after it yourself? Don't worry about me fighting for it, £250 is too rich for me.[/quote]

Not really Paul, I have way too many basses already - just interested to know if it's a good 'un!

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='38192' date='Jul 28 2007, 05:24 PM']The block inlay one is more the sort of neck you'd find on an old CMI. Surprised no-one else noticed it also has a J-Retro or similar in its dot-neck configuration. :)

J.[/quote]
Right... check this out.
I think the body is solid can't say for sure. Great sounding bass,will be sorry to see it go and I think it just did!!

[quote name='Sibob' post='39117' date='Jul 30 2007, 05:58 PM']Yeah i'm just really confused now as to whats for sale!!

Si[/quote]

CMI Jazz copy with EMGs and a maple block-inlaid CMI neck.

I want it but can't afford it. I can understand the price though after mods and service.

The teasing hurts my soul.

--

Anyone know what the body wood is?

• 11 months later...