Why become a member? ×

Black Friday !!!

funky8884

27 minutes ago, discreet said:

Er... shouldn't we be encouraging people to spend less, not more? For environmental reasons and so forth? Yes, I'm well aware of the fact that my feedback tells a sorry tale of consumerism and resource depletion on a grand scale, but surely we should be pretending to spend less, at least..? O.o

I agree. People tend to spend money on what they want not what they need.

I'm good with money and my gas is genuine. To get vibe, sound and functionality from the guitar I like and would be a keeper.

7 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

I'm curious now. What amp have you bought. ?

Dave

EBS TD660.....

Just grabbed a used TD650 off here a couple of weeks ago, gigged it, loved it and then this new one fell on me. It would have been rude not to......

Might be a used TD650 for sale soon, i cant justify having 2 :-)

I tend to treat this 'sale' with suspicion.  If they can reduce the price of stuff by several % and still turn a profit how much is the stuff really worth?

My late mother worked in a shop for years (Co-op) and knew all the tricks to offload slow moving stock.  Take items off the shelves and put them in one of those big wire baskets with a sign saying 'special offer' or 'our price' and folk would buy them.  Another trick was to say that some item was not going to be available again and people who didn't even like the stuff would buy it!

If you are in the market for something and can get it for a few quid cheaper than usual then fine but treat all sales with great caution.  When have DFS ever sold their sofas at 'full price'?  As for Black Friday, well it's turned into a continuous money grab that appears to be lasting for weeks!

• Like 1