Why become a member? ×

Too good to be true?

darkandrew

Just came across this on gumtree:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/fender-telecaster-with-bare-knuckle-pickups-for-sale.-%C2%A3225/1269003598

The price seems extremely low and barely covers the value of the pickups alone. I know this is a bass forum but since I am possibly on the lookout for a Tele or a Strat to compliment my collection, I wondered what our collective thoughts are on this one; Is it a bargain or is it too good to be true?

Edited by darkandrew

Fender modern player range was fairly cheap to start with. Maybe the seller just needs cash in quickly? We've all sold things for less than we wanted just to get gear moved.
I can highly recommend Dawlish as a place to visit, lovely pasties, make a day out of it!

[quote name='uk_lefty' timestamp='1509096166' post='3396538']
Fender modern player range was fairly cheap to start with. Maybe the seller just needs cash in quickly? We've all sold things for less than we wanted just to get gear moved.
I can highly recommend Dawlish as a place to visit, lovely pasties, make a day out of it!
[/quote]

Are the pasties available for a Right Handed eater as well as lefties??? :D :D

If you were to part it out, probably £140 in pickups (2nd hand) so then you're left with a Chinese telecaster needing 2 single coils and a humbucker.... so I'd say it'd be difficult to make any significant money on this one.

Seems a bit crazy to have boutique pickups on that guitar... but whatever makes people happy!