Why become a member? ×

Tony Franklin fretted bargain - ends in 2 hours,,,

roman_sub

As Fender themselves put it: [size=4][color=#545454][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]Few rock bassists are as closely identified with fretless bass as [/font][/color][color=#6A6A6A][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][b]Tony Franklin[/b][/font][/color][/size]

Who would actually buy a Tony Franklin fretted bass?

Edited by Happy Jack

I bought that bass. It was a real bargain. The seller even made me a discount!! I'm very happy with the bass, the only thing I did not like was the bridge cover that he installed on it :(
Other than that the bass is all original with the deluxe case and tags.
I am a very happy bunny :)

Edited by Serginhobass

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Tony-Franklin-FRETLESS-Precision-Bass-Ebony-Fingerboard-Black-Made-in-USA/172901381968?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D46150%26meid%3Ddd495c8e069043bc8d23e2e39eedea90%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D292272929518&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850

Looks good

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1507201128' post='3383845']
As Fender themselves put it: [size=4][color=#545454][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]Few rock bassists are as closely identified with fretless bass as [/font][/color][color=#6A6A6A][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif][b]Tony Franklin[/b][/font][/color][/size]

Who would actually buy a Tony Franklin fretted bass?
[/quote]

I have one, I got it because I wanted a Fender PJ and liked the nitro and amber colour. I'm not bothered about Tony Franklin and his playing, I'm sure he's a great player etc, but I don't listen to his music or know anything about it. I do love the bass though.

[quote name='project_c' timestamp='1507970293' post='3389024']
I'm not bothered about Tony Franklin and his playing,
[/quote]

Me neither. The concept of signature instruments seems nuts to me. Are we to believe we'll be able to play like the 'name' player? I'd buy a sig bass, but only if I liked it. The associated name is irrelevant.

For example, I liked the Dee Dee Ramone bass, not because of him, but because it seemed like a nice bass...

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1507970858' post='3389031']
Me neither. The concept of signature instruments seems nuts to me. Are we to believe we'll be able to play like the 'name' player? I'd buy a sig bass, but only if I liked it. The associated name is irrelevant.

For example, I liked the Dee Dee Ramone bass, not because of him, but because it seemed like a nice bass...
[/quote]

Great instruments like the TF and the Roscoe Beck wouldn't exist without the association of the named players.