Why become a member? ×

SOLD Yamaha BB5000 black with gold hardware
£1200

Paul S

[s]Not entirely sure but tentatively[/s] I am offering this up for sale. I went to a lot of trouble to get one of these beautiful basses, ended up importing it from Japan but the sad truth of the matter is that I simply haven't bonded with it.

Mid 1980s, MIJ, neck through, top of the range Yamaha 5 stringer. I believe these were the first commercially built 5 stringers and were based on the BB300 and, as such, have VERY narrow string spacing. 43mm across the nut,15mm apart at the bridge. Weighs in at a reasonable 4.3kg. They came in either creamy white or piano black with gold hardware - this one is black. As you would expect from a 1980s top of the range Yamaha, this is an extremely well built instrument and is also extremely rare.

Here is the video from the guy who tracked it down for me giving a good description and generally putting it through its paces, which says a ton more about it than a series of pictures ever could.

[media]http://youtu.be/5EKTLUEeQxE[/media]

It is in very good condition except the pickup surrounds have tarnished somewhat - bizarre as the rest of the gold is in fine nick. It is pretty much as I bought it except it now sports a rather flamboyant set of La Bella Gold flats.

I am looking for £1200 firm, collected from SE Essex, can arrange fully insured overnight courier for £35. Happy to meet half way and hand over. Not interested in trades, thank you.

I am away on holiday for a week as of early tomorrow but should still be able to monitor the site and emails. Back on 6th.

Edited by Paul S

[quote name='SisterAbdullahX' timestamp='1506633777' post='3380128']
That bridge pickup sound, though...!
[/quote]

I don't actually use it - only the neck pickup!

Worth mentioning that what I am asking for is what it cost me to buy and ship to England but doesn't include the VAT, import duty or handling fee, which cost me extra. So that makes this something of a bargain at this price as I have taken the hit for the next owner!

Just a thought- I fitted Hipshot licensed Ultralite tuners which I had intended to remove and sell separately. They reduce the weight down to 4kg. I can keep these on and include the originals for an extra £50.