Why become a member? ×

RSG - the return?

taunton-hobbit

Those of us of a certain (ahem) age will remember 'Ready Steady Go' on commercial tv on Friday nights. I notice that the Beeb is now about to launch a Friday night 'new pop show' (oh dear)

[color=#404040][font=Helmet, Freesans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]"Broadcast live from Television Centre, it promises to feature "the hottest bands and artists in the world", alongside interviews and sketches."[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#404040][font=Helmet, Freesans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Make of it what you will...........[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#404040][font=Helmet, Freesans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4] [/size][/font][/color][color=#404040][font=Helmet, Freesans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4] :)[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='taunton-hobbit' timestamp='1506106703' post='3376564']
Those of us of a certain (ahem) age will remember 'Ready Steady Go' on commercial tv on Friday nights.
[/quote]

On Rediffusion, to be precise. My dad did the press publicity for it . He met the Stones, the Beatles and loads of others. The silly old sausage never got a single autograph, which would have been handy these days, me being skint and all :lol:

[media]http://youtu.be/fs3RXn6Jca4[/media]

[i][color=#111111][font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]"I'm not in love with Juke Box Jury [/font][/color][/i]
[i][color=#111111][font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]I'm not in love with Thank Your Lucky Stars [/font][/color][/i]
[i][color=#111111][font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]I'm not in love with Twiggy [/font][/color][/i]
[i][color=#111111][font=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]Because I'm in love with Cathy McGowan"[/font][/color][/i]

To be fair, a programme like this has been lacking on TV ever since TotP was taken off the air. It certainly beats the numerous channels that air the same awful videos over and over again (speaking as a parent who gets subjected to them on a regular basis!).

Not sure about the "sketches" bit though! :D