Why become a member? ×

I'm cynical and no Fender expert but...

I realise the end of the neck shows a 69 date but there's just something about the fingerboard and aspects of the bass in general (is that body colour a Fender colour?) that make me think it isn't what it's cracked up to be. I'm not saying it's a scam but it doesn't look right to me! :)

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1969-Fender-American-Jazz-Bass-With-Case-Stand_W0QQitemZ200270353021QQihZ010QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1969-Fender-American...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

I wonder if his camera is to blame for the Dale Winton colour scheme. The silk ends on the string have the same orangey glow and I don't think I've ever seen orange silks before (ICBW). As for the rest of the axe it ain't my area so who knows *shrugs* I tell you what though, 3 years of gigging hardly constitutes "very little use" in my book. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='323712' date='Nov 6 2008, 08:21 PM']As for the rest of the axe it ain't my area so who knows *shrugs* I tell you what though, 3 years of gigging hardly constitutes "very little use" in my book. :huh:[/quote]

I think considering how old it is thats not much use at all. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a quick revisit to check out if feedback was ever left for this one and suddenly realised that it was won by an American TalkBasser (Gearhunter420) who regularly buys and sells (particularly MM) basses... it'll be interesting to see if this appears over on TB and what reaction there might be to its authenticity. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='334711' date='Nov 23 2008, 08:46 AM']Just had a quick revisit to check out if feedback was ever left for this one and suddenly realised that it was won by an American TalkBasser (Gearhunter420) who regularly buys and sells (particularly MM) basses... it'll be interesting to see if this appears over on TB and what reaction there might be to its authenticity. :huh:[/quote]

Well if he's bought this to turn a profit I think he's in for a nasty shock. :)