Why become a member? ×

eden nemesis?

Guest joshua

heya,

what do you think of theses cabs? Any good?

I've got a Warwick ProFet 3.2 head, and a matching Warwick WCA 211 Pro 2x10 cab. Its pretty quiet and I want to (most likely) buy a 4x10 cab to go with it. I had originally planned to buy the Warwick WCA 410 Pro, but after hearing it is total crap, I no longer want to buy it

So, I am looking at the Eden Nemesis gear. I'm having a good look at the Nemesis N410RS 4x10 cab (http://www.eden-electronics.com/prod...bs/n410rs.aspx), but I cannot find much info on this. I particually like it because of its light weight. Are these NEO speakers? Anyone had a chance to try one out?
I am also looking at the Nemesis N212RS (http://www.eden-electronics.com/prod...bs/n212rs.aspx), 2x12 cab. Again, neo speakers?

Many many thanks for your help!

Cheers

Oh, and do they have speakon connectors on the back?

I've read nothing but positive reveiws about the Nemesis range, some players even prefer them to the David/WT series. I don't think they are Neomodium because it would be stated in the specs as they are with the David Series Neos.

Well I'll say now that the 4x10 will sound different to the 2x12 easily, the 4x10 will sound more punchy and focused, whereas the 2x12 will be more focused on the low mids and bring more low end as well.

Thas only mild help, but from having a full Eden set up myself I can safely say that all of their stuff is great qaulity and very rarely lets people down.

cool thanks a lot for your reply.

yeah i think the 4x10 sounds more up my street than the 2x12. im just a bit confused as to how it is so light and yet not have neo speakers. i need ceramic speakers if i am going to add it to my 2x10 half stack. i might email them

[quote name='joshua' post='323714' date='Nov 6 2008, 08:26 PM']cool thanks a lot for your reply.

yeah i think the 4x10 sounds more up my street than the 2x12. im just a bit confused as to how it is so light and yet not have neo speakers. i need ceramic speakers if i am going to add it to my 2x10 half stack. i might email them[/quote]

It could be the woods used for the construction of the cab and also the construction method, and maybe the speakers are just cheaper so they haven't got as much weight to them as opposed to the David series, which makes the cabs heavy as hell.

I emailed them and this is the reply: (i dont get the bit about the ply)

RE: Info Request from Eden Web Site.‏
Sent: 06 November 2008 22:21:23
To: Josh Lebow ([email protected])

The RS cabs are a slightly thinner ply (AA void free plywood). The speakers are not neo, though the magnets are slightly lighter then standard. Castors are available, and it does have speakon ports.

They’re pretty cool cabinets!

Ryan Struck

USMusic Customer Service

444 E Courtland St

Mundelein, Il 60060

phone: 1-800-877-6863

efax: 1-775-703-1198

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 2:29 PM
To: Eden Electronics
Subject: Info Request from Eden Web Site.

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing a Nemesis N410RS cabinet, but I have a couple of questions:

1: Do they use NEO speakers? If not, how is the cab so light?
2: What is the cab made of?
3: Does it come with attachable castors?
4: Does it have speakon ports?

Sorry for all the questions, and many thanks for your time.

Cheers

I've the 4x10 and the 15 and TBH they sounded the same as the normal EDENS when I tested them and went with the Nemesis just for the weight reason alone. The only thing that I would change is the lack of any control on the HF driver but to be honest I'd leave it on anyway.

Friend of mine had a Nemesis combo that was nothing but trouble. Continual problems and it failed completely at a gig once. may just have been a rogue head but really put me off.

Sounded nice when it was working though!

Purely personal view but I'd have to think that Eden would not sell cabs that sounded as all round good as their core range at a lower price as it would wreck their core brand sales. There's obviously a diminishing rate of return but if it was a straight choice between the two I'd go for Eden branded cabs ahead of the cheaper Nemesis versions any day.

Obviously weight is a factor here and the Nemesis stuff is definitely lighter than Eden equivalents.

Edited by molan

[quote name='molan' post='325035' date='Nov 8 2008, 10:36 PM']Friend of mine had a Nemesis combo that was nothing but trouble. Continual problems and it failed completely at a gig once. may just have been a rogue head but really put me off.

Sounded nice when it was working though!

Purely personal view but I'd have to think that Eden would not sell cabs that sounded as all round good as their core range at a lower price as it would wreck their core brand sales. There's obviously a diminishing rate of return but if it was a straight choice between the two I'd go for Eden branded cabs ahead of the cheaper Nemesis versions any day.

Obviously weight is a factor here and the Nemesis stuff is definitely lighter than Eden equivalents.[/quote]

I agree with all you said but sometimes it does work the other way round Fender Japan Squier early '80's v's USA Fender early '80's but normally the cheaper range should be less impressive.

[quote name='joshua' post='323700' date='Nov 6 2008, 07:55 PM']heya,

what do you think of theses cabs? Any good?

I've got a Warwick ProFet 3.2 head, and a matching Warwick WCA 211 Pro 2x10 cab. Its pretty quiet and I want to (most likely) buy a 4x10 cab to go with it. I had originally planned to buy the Warwick WCA 410 Pro, but after hearing it is total crap, I no longer want to buy it

So, I am looking at the Eden Nemesis gear. I'm having a good look at the Nemesis N410RS 4x10 cab (http://www.eden-electronics.com/prod...bs/n410rs.aspx), but I cannot find much info on this. I particually like it because of its light weight. Are these NEO speakers? Anyone had a chance to try one out?
I am also looking at the Nemesis N212RS (http://www.eden-electronics.com/prod...bs/n212rs.aspx), 2x12 cab. Again, neo speakers?

Many many thanks for your help!

Cheers

Oh, and do they have speakon connectors on the back?[/quote]

I've got the earlier NSP 410 and it's a brilliant cab-very light,punchy sound although it can take a lot of bass as well.At 103db(I think) it's also very sensitive and easy to drive.I run a Precision through a Sansamp into a 300 watt Trace and I'm rarely above 2 on the master volume,even in loud gigs.Bought for £220 as well-bargain
Buy with confidence
Iain

the N410RS sounds like a great cab, but i cant figure out what eden have scrificed to make it so light. is there no internal speaker bracing? is the wood just really thin? are the speakers light-duty?

o yeah, and if i am only driving the cab at 150W, when it is rated for 600W, and i likely to do any damage to it?

hmmm

[quote name='joshua' post='327098' date='Nov 11 2008, 08:55 PM']o yeah, and if i am only driving the cab at 150W, when it is rated for 600W, and i likely to do any damage to it?

hmmm[/quote]
As has been said (by me) on Talkbass - no.

As has been said to you before by lots of people on here - read the Wiki! :)

I've got two of the Nemesis 1x15 cabs and they're great. The weight alone makes them worth having, my back loves me again. The construction doesn't appear to be an issue, they still pump it out really well. Rear panel wise they have Input and Parallel Output connections on both 1/4" jacks and Speakons.
[quote name='Geddys nose' post='325002' date='Nov 8 2008, 09:33 PM']The only thing that I would change is the lack of any control on the HF driver but to be honest I'd leave it on anyway.[/quote]+1, it'd be nice to have some attenuation control over the HF, but I guess that's part of the cost- and weight-saving exercise.