Why become a member? ×

Can you name this (circa 1950's?) song by it's lyrics?

Dood

I've been asked if I can find out some more about this song; it's quite important to the person asking.

I would like to call upon the collective and impressive knowledge of Basschat to see if we can figure out what it might be.

The Lyrics we have are:

[color=#1D2129]"The king is richer than I am .. but I don't envy the king .. although the king is richer by far I have you and that's everything [/color]
[color=#1D2129]( chorus) love you I will until the years have fallen away .. love you I will until forever and a day ....[/color]
[color=#1D2129]The birds sing sweeter than I do .. but I don't envy the birds .. although the birds sing sweeter by far .. nobody taught them the words ( chorus) ...[/color]
[color=#1D2129]"[/color]

[color=#1D2129]Thank you Basschat x[/color]

[quote name='KK Jale' timestamp='1505414773' post='3371817']
A possible contender: Ronnie Hilton, Love You I Will, UK 1964

Can't find it on spotify nor youtube, alas.

[url="http://www.45-rpm.org.uk/dirr/ronnieh.htm"]http://www.45-rpm.or...irr/ronnieh.htm[/url]
[/quote]

Thank you! I'll take a look :) Your efforts are appreciated!

Festival of Britain, Queen Liz II coronation, inauguration of Harrow as a London Borough.... To quote Max Boyce: I was there!

Forget Sputnik, how many of you remember the Skylon? Battersea Pleasure Gardens? Dome of Discovery???

I was 9 when the King died. Joined my first band about 18 months later.

Edited by ivansc

Anyway,

KK Jale, we've hopefully a recording of the track coming through - hopefully it will be the lyrics we are expecting. Your help was very much appreciated and I'll let you know if you have saved the day :)