Why become a member? ×

Oooooh... another valve overdrive for bass

Alfie

[quote name='Protium' post='322273' date='Nov 4 2008, 10:25 PM']No offence but do they actually expect to sell any at that price?[/quote]
+1

with dave hall and coopersonic valve pedals available, i dont understand why they have priced so high

I was speaking to Martin about this today and its not just another valve overdrive pedal (as it uses a different tube type as mentioned above all the others are 12ax7 designs?), it doubles up as a power supply as well and apparently can do anything from cleanish to better than big muff sounds to full on fuzzzzzzzzz, if I had the cash I'd give it a whirl as Martin's work is top notch, I've tried one of the gremlins and realy liked it and he's fixed up a few pedals fr me as well.

[quote name='mr pablo' post='322339' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:20 AM']I was speaking to Martin about this today and its not just another valve overdrive pedal (as it uses a different tube type as mentioned above all the others are 12ax7 designs?), it doubles up as a power supply as well and apparently can do anything from cleanish to better than big muff sounds to full on fuzzzzzzzzz, if I had the cash I'd give it a whirl as Martin's work is top notch, I've tried one of the gremlins and realy liked it and he's fixed up a few pedals fr me as well.[/quote]
im sure its a great pedal, but if you consider the likes of dha and owen electronics are very similar in that its very difficult to try before you buy. For the kinda money owen are asking you can get the top range dha valve pedal, which when you compare features appears far better value for money straight off. i think if they knocked it down to £199 they'd more than make up for it with extra sales

[quote name='BassManKev' post='322353' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:53 AM']im sure its a great pedal, but if you consider the likes of dha and owen electronics are very similar in that its very difficult to try before you buy. For the kinda money owen are asking you can get the top range dha valve pedal, which when you compare features appears far better value for money straight off. i think if they knocked it down to £199 they'd more than make up for it with extra sales[/quote]
aye considering if you were to knock up something similar yourself he amount you could save. i need to find myself some pentode minis

[quote name='umph' post='322601' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:48 PM']aye considering if you were to knock up something similar yourself he amount you could save. i need to find myself some pentode minis[/quote]

Yeah but you can say that about anything, I prefer to have qualified people build my s&*t so I can just play it and not have to spend a week wondering why something isn't working

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='322607' date='Nov 5 2008, 12:59 PM']Yeah but you can say that about anything, I prefer to have qualified people build my s&*t so I can just play it and not have to spend a week wondering why something isn't working[/quote]

you've obviously never been an engineer! :)