Why become a member? ×

Wal below now back up for sale.

Heartbreaker

[quote name='WalMan' post='244223' date='Jul 21 2008, 07:39 AM']Don't torture yourself!!! I have been since I posted it and it went faster than a fast thing going extremely fast. What the hell was I thinking!!![/quote]

Unfortunatly due to my current financial circumstance I have to sell this superb rare Wal. Its an August 1982 Wal Mk1 Custom, sighned inside by 'Fish' & has a rare nicely grained Ash body in a teal sunburst. There are a few lacquer cracks around the edge of the body from over 26 years of use but not in the wood & the front, back & neck are nearly perfect. It plays superbly & all the electronics again are in A1 condition. There are no issues with the bass at all & I have bought a Hiscox flight case for it & is fitted with a new set of Overwater strings. I need to get my money back on this otherwise I'll be keeping it but at £1260 this a a very cheep Wal. If you are interesrted I can send you more pictures idealy by email as thats a lot easier for me to attach picks. Rob.
[attachment=15532:P1000552.JPG][attachment=15533:P1000560.JPG][attachment=15534:P1000554.JPG[attachm
ent=15535:P1000571.JPG]

[quote name='Heartbreaker' post='321002' date='Nov 3 2008, 03:13 PM']Unfortunatly due to my current financial circumstance I have to sell this superb rare Wal. Its an August 1982 Wal Mk1 Custom, sighned inside by 'Fish' & has a rare nicely grained Ash body in a teal sunburst. There are a few lacquer cracks around the edge of the body from over 26 years of use but not in the wood & the front, back & neck are nearly perfect. It plays superbly & all the electronics again are in A1 condition. There are no issues with the bass at all & I have bought a Hiscox flight case for it & is fitted with a new set of Overwater strings. I need to get my money back on this otherwise I'll be keeping it but at £1260 this a a very cheep Wal. If you are interesrted I can send you more pictures idealy by email as thats a lot easier for me to attach picks. Rob.
[attachment=15532:P1000552.JPG][attachment=15533:P1000560.JPG][attachment=15534:P1000554.JPG[attachm
ent=15535:P1000571.JPG][/quote]

That's an excellent price for a Wal Custom - unusual colour too so it'll stand out a bit from the crowd... Good luck with the sale! :)

Wow! I love that, its really different...oh I hate having no money. I've seen about 4 Wals on here in the last few months that I'd have had under normally circumstances (well, I wouldn't have had all 4...you know what I mean!).

BTW Nik, it was great talking to you yesterday; ironically Dave Perry turned up at the door to pick up some cabs just as we were winding down our conversation. How is it that so many Basschatters seem to be such great blokes? Or have I just been lucky? :)

[quote name='Heartbreaker' post='321593' date='Nov 4 2008, 11:04 AM']Thanks for all the offers, The bass is now [b]sold[/b][u][/u] pending payment.[/quote]

GoodLord, what kind of finish is that! Never seen one like that before! Is it Pete's spray talent?

Cheers.