Why become a member? ×

Shipping from US

Owen

I'm looking at some US based basses. I used to be able to get stuff in for approx $120 actual shipping. Quotes are coming up at $500 - $600 at the moment. Does anyone have any lines on decent cheaper couriers?

I am au fait with the whole tax/import thing.

TIA

+1 on usps too,dont forget customs and handling, just used dhl, the 3rd partys choice in my purchase from the usa, really fast, then dhl sent me the wrong dutys, then whilst sorting it out sent me a bailiffs letter, then finally credited me, a nightmare that went on for 3 months, usps forward to parcel force and seem well competant, ive never had any agg.

Who ever you use, make sure you can track the parcel end to end AND make sure the insurance checks out ok for the complete journey. I know it's teaching to suck eggs, but we have see what happens when couriers get careless!

[quote name='dood' post='318998' date='Oct 31 2008, 12:52 PM']Who ever you use, make sure you can track the parcel end to end AND make sure the insurance checks out ok for the complete journey. I know it's teaching to suck eggs, but we have see what happens when couriers get careless![/quote]

ha ha yeah Tell me about it

having shipped back and forth from both continents, i would def agree that USPS is the way to go. The cheapest by far, and they forward to parcel force so stuff is easy to pick up/have delivered.

whatever you do, don't use fedex. they're great in the states, but crap international.

• 1 month later...