Why become a member? ×

Tom Jenkinson

steve-soar

I went to see Squarepusher years ago thinking I was going to see a mind blowing set of interstellar techno, what I didn't bank on was that I was going to see the greatest bassist I had ever seen.
Maybe he doesn't want to do a "band" type of thing but his music rips my mind apart and his playing makes me want to sell my bass related posessions.
His resolve to not be showbiz in any way apart from letting people hear his music, is like the tole of a bell from within myself.
I personally, don't operate like that, I enjoy interaction and tension but his music beguiles me and constantly suprises me.

i've seen him twice. 1st time i must of had a bad curry or pint coz i was all light headed and seeing things and those asprin dodg Kev gave me didn't help, it was amazing. second time i thought he was boring live but i hadn't had a dodgy pint or curry.

Thing that made me laugh was all these Techno heads in dayglow will warmers with spiked hair and looked and us 'Tramp chic' as if we didnt belong at there disco, yet mr pusher is well spazz nerd to the max.