Why become a member? ×

Manchester benefit gig

Owen

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1496840535' post='3314215']
"Over the Rainbow" (often referred to as "Somewhere Over the Rainbow") is a ballad, with music by Harold Arlen and lyrics by Yip Harburg.
[/quote]

I was just jesting, hence the :)

"I will Survive" (often referred to as "Go on now go") is a Disco Tune, written by Freddie and....whoever....
:)

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1496827972' post='3314068']

So you watched Gallagher 'singing' too, then, eh..? :lol:
[/quote]

I saw Oasis twice in the early 90s, both times at Glastonbury.

The first time they hadn't really broken through and were playing early afternoon on the NME stage. The next time they were headlining the Pyramid.

Both performances were pretty much exactly like what Liam did at Manchester, standing stock still, hands behind back, sneering into the microphone, and to be fair he's made quite the career out of it.

Edited by Cato

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1496856599' post='3314344']

The first time they hadn't really broken through and were playing early afternoon on the NME stage. The next time they were headlining the Pyramid.

Both performances were pretty much exactly like what Liam did at Manchester, standing stock still, hands behind back, sneering into the microphone, and to be fair he's made quite the career out of it.
[/quote]

All that 'swagger' is OK when you're 21 but he's getting a bit old for that now isn't he?

I disagree. The swagger is his personality. Just because some guys in bands age like uncool 'dads' does not mean other people should follow suit. Just look at the RS and Weller. Weller is a very stylish guy and the younger generation love him for that....plus his music is fantastic.

However, even without the swagger, you cannot deny the song writing ability of songs like:

Gas Panic
Acquiesce
Slide Away
Talk Tonight
The Shock of the Lightning
Cast No Shadow

...these are songs that don't get the hype that the big singles achieved....

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1496856599' post='3314344']

[/quote]

I think, rather than bad mouthing his Bro, Liam should thank unreal good luck that he had a talented sibling who was prepared to have him in his band.