Body £159

Pickup £130

Bridge £50

Strap Buttons £15

Wiring Assembly (1meg pots) £50

Total = £683 - or buy it all for £500

Postage will be extra.

Method of payment in preferred order is: Cash, Cheque, Evil old Paypal

This is washers compared to what this stuff normally goes for.

Let me know what you are interested in. Anything not sold goes on ebay at a higher price.

Edited by Delberthot

Check out my other goodies here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=31352"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=31352[/url]

and here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=31351"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=31351[/url]

[quote name='Delberthot' post='324635' date='Nov 8 2008, 01:07 AM']Here is the price for all of the individual parts:

Neck (including string tree, neck plate, bolts and microtilt plate) £279

Body £159

Pickup £130

Bridge £50

Strap Buttons £15

Wiring Assembly (1meg pots) £50

Total = £683 - or buy it all for £500

Postage will be extra.

Method of payment in preferred order is: Cash, Cheque, Evil old Paypal

This is washers compared to what this stuff normally goes for.

Let me know what you are interested in. Anything not sold goes on ebay at a higher price.[/quote]

These prices are a steal :) Can't believe no-one has jumped at what would be an awesome project. I am so tempted, but know that it would just be yet another trophy bass I don't play :huh:
All the best
Chris

to give you more of an idea of value - these are prices I picked up from completed items on Ebay. Similar age and condition

Fender 1973 Telecaster Bass

Body 300
Neck 500
String tree 20
Neck Plate 150
Strap buttons 30
Bridge 155
Pickup 250
Wiring 100

total 1505

Kinds of puts into perspective exactly how good value this is.

"Start of a new week" bump

I really need to sell this or at least parts of it, hence the stupidly low prices I have everything going for.

Discount available if you buy more than one part as an added incentive

Don't make me sell my Warmoth cos that's next :)

Edited by Delberthot

Several people interested so far but no takers as yet.

This really is a very simple project to complete. There are plenty of websites that offer advice on how to refinish guitars and I can help you as you do it as well. I have painted quite a few basses in my time with nothing more than Halfords spray cans to great effect.

I can also help you out finding replacement parts, whether period or new.

Hell, even if you make a complete arse of it you could sell the parts off separately on Ebay and probably make make back a lot more than you paid for it.

Any questions, fire them my way. :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='331363' date='Nov 18 2008, 11:24 AM']:)[/quote]

MB1. :huh:
Now thats what i call a challenge Chris!
Charlie Tumahais bass of choice in Be Bop Deluxe!
keep us posted on the resto!.....looks like your gonna need a Bowler hat! :huh:

hahahahah. Nice One. Beedster is like the older coolest guy at the school. Every good looking girl would have to go through his hands to enter the market for the rest of us kids.

Good luck with the new project.

[quote name='BassKS' post='331570' date='Nov 18 2008, 04:08 PM']hahahahah. Nice One. Beedster is like the older coolest guy at the school. Every good looking girl would have to go through his hands to enter the market for the rest of us kids.[/quote]

Cheers BassKS, what a wonderfully generous interpretation of my bass philandering :)

Can't wait to start work on this

Chris

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='331831' date='Nov 18 2008, 09:25 PM']Stick the mudbucker on eBay and put a Darkstar in it![/quote]

Now your talking, Chris you would love a Darkstar, come to think of it i may stick a price on my ASAT and build another DS bass

[quote name='Beedster' post='331818' date='Nov 18 2008, 09:09 PM']Not sure I'm with you there Martin...? :)[/quote]

Charlie Tumahai, Late Great Bassist for Be Bop Deluxe played a 70s fender telecaster bass and was often seen wearing a bowler hat on stage. :huh:
......Optional Though! of course!

Edited by MB1

That's weird MB1 - I was going to post abut (the late) Charlie yesterday. :)

He is on my Whistle Test Vol 3 DVD with a Tele bass with Jazz style pickups. Looks like a factory job with the scratchplate etc. But when, if ever, did Fender make a Tele JJ? :huh:

[quote name='Mickeyboro' post='332605' date='Nov 19 2008, 08:18 PM']That's weird MB1 - I was going to post abut (the late) Charlie yesterday. :)

He is on my Whistle Test Vol 3 DVD with a Tele bass with Jazz style pickups. Looks like a factory job with the scratchplate etc. But when, if ever, did Fender make a Tele JJ? :huh:[/quote]

I also have the whistle test dvd and yes that bass is most strange!...possibly only available in New Zealand?...... or its a Frankenstien (ala Entwistle styley.)