Why become a member? ×

Day off work

stinson

[quote name='eude' post='312861' date='Oct 23 2008, 11:48 AM']Nice setup dude.
What's the cab?

Eude[/quote]

Cheers my man. Its a Schro 1212L. Had a good few months with it now and with the Littlemark and all of those basses it sounds amazing in rehearsal and live, plenty of bottom end delivers the rich tone Ive been after at silly volume.

[quote name='stinson' post='312865' date='Oct 23 2008, 11:52 AM']Cheers my man. Its a Schro 1212L. Had a good few months with it now and with the Littlemark and all of those basses it sounds amazing in rehearsal and live, plenty of bottom end delivers the rich tone Ive been after at silly volume.[/quote]

Wow, that's a really compact cab!
It looks about the same size or smaller than my Aguilar GS112 when it's on it's end!
I've often thought about getting my grubby ol' mitts on a Schroder cab, just so I can have a single cab 4 Ohm solution.

Hmm, well my 30th is coming up soon, might see if I can treat myself...

Cheers, for the GAS,
Eude

[quote name='eude' post='312907' date='Oct 23 2008, 12:35 PM']Wow, that's a really compact cab!
It looks about the same size or smaller than my Aguilar GS112 when it's on it's end!
I've often thought about getting my grubby ol' mitts on a Schroder cab, just so I can have a single cab 4 Ohm solution.

Hmm, well my 30th is coming up soon, might see if I can treat myself...

Cheers, for the GAS,
Eude[/quote]

Thanks for the comments folks

I needed a smaller cab mainly because of a hernia that I dont want popping again and this certainly solves that problem whilst delivering volume and tone that keeps up with my very loud 3 piece band. It sounds like a cliche now but my bandmates really are blown away by the sound. My singer/guitarist has played/toured with me for over ten years now and Ive had full on SVT rigs etc and he reckons this set up just sounds much better. They are pricey but I suggest you treat yourself sir!

jonthebass Posted Today, 12:09 PM
oooh - what the age & spec of that lovely looking white P bass you have there?

The white P is 75/76. Ive had it refinned an aged oly, it actually looks a bit more yellow/greeny in the flesh. Had a refret at The Gallery, they did a splendid job. When I got it, it had been played to buggery (for good reason) but its now in tip top condition, I didnt want it reliced as I can now play it without worrying about the odd ding etc. Its very light at around 8 pounds, which goes against the 'mid-late 70's Fenders are all heavy crap' speel, has a slight overhang on the neck pocket but the neck fits snuggly to the top with no gap and the strings all line up pretty straight. Tone wise, all the pickups and guts are original and produces a really nice fat tone with a nice woody growl, I'm guessing its swamp ash that makes it so light and resonant. All in all a lovely P!

Raggy Posted Today, 12:06 PM
Great looking set-up there.

Nice choice of patio slabs also!!

Kinda Curvey!!

The slabs came with the gaff, cant be arsed to change them!

[quote name='stinson' post='312857' date='Oct 23 2008, 11:43 AM'][attachment=15115:P1010071.JPG]

Let the neighbours see what's been disturbing them[/quote]

Y'see.............having gear like that is just illegal...............I'm calling the police.