Why become a member? ×

Now SOLD Custom built fretless Precision, very black! 12/4 drop to £375
£450

Paul S

Built by Osprey guitars and originally cost nearly £1000 I believe. Black passive Precision bass with BWB scratchplate and a black unlined fretboard - don't know the material but wouldn't be surprised if it was ebony. Lightweight at 3.8kg (8lbs 5oz-ish), nut width 40mm. Strung with black flats that I think are probably La Bellas. Quality instrument. I have moved to 5 string basses otherwise would keep this. Great condition. No hard case but a gig bag.

Pictures will follow tomorrow.

Here is the for sale ad that drew me in when I bought it [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/273892-withdrawn-fretless-p-custom-build-passive-unlined/page__hl__osprey__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]

Looking for [s]£450 £400[/s] £375 collected from SS7 or meet up, add £25 for fully insured overnight courier to mainland UK.

Edited by Paul S

Pictures. They show that it is in very good condition. a few very light surface swirls that would polish out. One tiny dink at the bottom and also a tiny loss of paint around the neck pocket. Quality bass! Hipshot Ultralite tuners, Hipshot bridge.

[attachment=239587:osprey1.jpg] [attachment=239588:osprey2.jpg] [attachment=239589:osprey3.jpg] [attachment=239590:osprey4.jpg] [attachment=239591:osprey5.jpg] [attachment=239592:osprey6.jpg] [attachment=239593:osprey7.jpg] [attachment=239594:osprey8.jpg] [attachment=239595:osprey9.jpg]

Now sold!

Edited by Paul S

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a really nice bass. I remember playing this in Oldman's studio. Over a year back.

It has a beautiful finish. It's light weight and the neck is smooth and just the right level of mwah. The tone was amazing,
I loved it. Just didn't have the £700 that was being asked back then. At this price I'd have snapped it up. It's better than a Fender IMHO.
(I was there to try another bass)

I already have a 4 string Warwick fretless, or I'd snap this up.

Edited by Grangur

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Hutton' timestamp='1495616215' post='3305243']
I think I'm correct in saying that Osprey Guitars is our own Ou7shined of this very forum. He should be able to provide any details.
[/quote]

Your right manny, it took a long time to complete for one reason or another, then after I picked it up a few alterations and no contact since, no mails or pm's answered or phone calls. That was nearly six years ago and we moved from Banchory to Leicester since then. Can't find any info on it from my files but I'll have another look.

It plays and sounds lovely.....