Why become a member? ×

pangborn bass

jamman

Hi guys

I have got a pangborn fretless bass had it for 20 years, its got an aluminium fingerboard. Thing is the neck is a bit bowed, just wondering if somebody knows where i could get it serviced and maybe give me an idea of value. Havn't played it for ages been stuck in me loft..... I live in the manchester area.

Any help gratefully received.

cheers Ian

Took me ages to get the picture up and now i have its bloody at 90 degrees !!!!!! Oh well you get the idea.
Its a through neck..... have emailed steve robinson, I only live round the corner from him. Cheers for all your replies and help.

Ian Edited by jamman

Years ago an uncle gave me a pile of old mags (Beat and International Musician, before you start...) and in one from the late 70s there was a review of a Pangborn fretless, with alu fingerboard. I'm sure it looked more like a two pickup Pbass than this one....

[quote name='BassBod' post='312752' date='Oct 23 2008, 09:39 AM']Years ago an uncle gave me a pile of old mags (Beat and International Musician, before you start...) and in one from the late 70s there was a review of a Pangborn fretless, with alu fingerboard. I'm sure it looked more like a two pickup Pbass than this one....[/quote]

Hehe Beat magazine :)

[quote name='BeLow' post='313468' date='Oct 24 2008, 12:21 AM']It's a long time ago but the Chieftan I think was a through neck fender style bass and the Warlord was the Alembic styled 'arrowhead headstock' model. Shortly before he wound up his UK operation Ashey made a small body version of the Warlord the styling of which I 'borrowed' when I made my first fretless bass.

What I find a bit strange is the mix of the two styles in the aluminium necked fretlee here - it seems to be an in between bass.[/quote]
In between bass is that a good thing or bad..... can't seem to find any info on this bass or any record ???? The chieftan was a through neck fender style with all four machine heads on top, not like mine which as you can see has 3 machine heads on top and one below. I'm wondering if i've got a prototype maybe ?