Why become a member? ×

My new Precision

Tee

Here's my new MIA Precision. It's a 'Factory Special Run' from Corona, California 2005. Although i bought it new (imported). It's essentially a US Standard Precision (no S1 switiching though) with a few nice differences/upgrades. I haven't seen these in any shops in the UK (ok, just London), online or in-store.

I've longed for an Olympic white/black pickguard P for a while and i don't really like any of the current US 'P' colours, so finding this was a result. This is certainly my No.1 bass.

Main features are:

Olympic white
70s headstock logo
Schaller straplocks
Deluxe tuners
String-thru bridge
Molded hardcase

[attachment=1194:CIMG0510.JPG]

[attachment=1195:CIMG0513.JPG]

Having owned a MIM and currently also owning a CIJ ash 3TS Precision, i can safely say this bass is the best of my bunch. I'm chuffed with it. For a start it's lighter than my CIJ ash P, but it just plays so smoothly and outputs great even tone along the neck. The thicker headstock, deluxe tuners and string-thru body really makes it feel solid. Oh and the strings it comes with are actually pretty good. I generally slap on a set of £30 strings on my new basses, but i really don't feel the need on this occasion. I'm loving the 110 E string :)

• 2 weeks later...

I really like that bass, shame about the lack of the S1 switching system though. I just bought a USA Jazz complete with the system and it really does make all the difference being able to swap between the two layouts. Having said that i would gladly pay the kind of money that im guessing you do to buy that beauty. Nice purchase!

[quote name='99ster' post='35756' date='Jul 22 2007, 11:16 PM']Funnily enough - I just got offered an ex Sex Pistols '74 Precision... for sale at £20K![/quote]

That may seem expensive.... but then it won't have been played...

Bwah hah hah!!! :huh: :huh: :huh: :)

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='41806' date='Aug 6 2007, 09:19 AM']I really like that bass, shame about the lack of the S1 switching system though. I just bought a USA Jazz complete with the system and it really does make all the difference being able to swap between the two layouts. Having said that i would gladly pay the kind of money that im guessing you do to buy that beauty. Nice purchase![/quote]

The S1 on the jazz is useful and probably worth having.
The S1 on the precision is cobblers and doesn't do anything much except make the bass seem a bit thinner and weaker sounding. Well it does on mine anyway.

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='42826' date='Aug 8 2007, 11:44 AM']The S1 on the jazz is useful and probably worth having.
The S1 on the precision is cobblers and doesn't do anything much except make the bass seem a bit thinner and weaker sounding. Well it does on mine anyway.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more!!