Why become a member? ×

WESTONE THUNDER 11
£600

B.Flat

Have the very same. Thunder MK2 V2 I think? Basically, a Westone Thunder 3 with different headstock decal and truss rod cover (which is missing on mine).

They play and sound marvellously. Loads os tonal variations. Active and passive pups. I never use the active as it sounds great in passive mode anyway. GLWTS,

[quote name='B.Flat' timestamp='1483798255' post='3210207']
As there are currently examples of the far less sophisticated THUNDER 1A, single pick up, bolt -on neck, currently advertised for between £350 and £425 in used condition I am asking for £550.
[/quote]

This is a lovely bass and I am a big fan of Thunder basses so good luck with your particular sale.

It is tricky though looking at advertised prices for comparison. People may be asking for "£350 and £425" for their Thunder 1a, but do they actually sell at that price?

Edited by Deedee

Hi Deedee.
I take on board what you are saying and it is a salient point. However this is an UNPLAYED bass from 1983, and the fact that I have not played it, only acted as a conduit from the retailer makes it a rare item I believe. If I cannot get a sale at £550 I will have to decide whether to keep it and play it myself (might have to bribe the wife) or wait another couple of years and advertise it again.

[quote name='B.Flat' timestamp='1483878692' post='3210755']
Hi Deedee.
I take on board what you are saying and it is a salient point. However this is an UNPLAYED bass from 1983, and the fact that I have not played it, only acted as a conduit from the retailer makes it a rare item I believe. If I cannot get a sale at £550 I will have to decide whether to keep it and play it myself (might have to bribe the wife) or wait another couple of years and advertise it again.
[/quote]

Honestly, I'm not questioning your pricing as this bass looks amazing and something of a timewarp example :gas: . It was just that in the land of fleabay etc you do get people asking crazy money for their items and so using an advertised classified or 'Buy It Now' price as a bench mark is not always a good indicator of the true market worth.

GLWTS

These basses are definitely worth the money. The problem is a lot of folk haven't played one and don't really know what they are capable of. I used a Thunder 3 (which this is basically the same bass) for 20 years, I never had one problem (or gas for any other) and I don't think in those 20 years I would have had to tune it, apart from when I changed the strings! I really regret selling the T3 and have had others since which never quite sounded or played the same. However, the T2 I now have is as good as the 3 I stupidly sold.

Totally mint, will mean that the 18v active circuit will be totally clean. These often suffer from battery leaks etc over time.

These truly are classic basses and are in a different league from the Thunder 1 and even other model variations of the T2. That's why they were released again as the T3.