Why become a member? ×

Ritter Roya handmade copy - 6 string fretless
£950

frazerjt

Asking price: £850 *REDUCED!*
Will trade for: Fender USA Standard Jazz

Extremely reluctant sale here. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A RITTER ROYA!...This is just a tribute...

This is a handmade copy of a Ritter Roya 6 string fretless bass. Amazing sound and a real eye catcher. I've had the neck reshaped and the bridge filed down ( at The Bass Gallery in Camden, London) to give a nice low action and an ultra fast neck.

The bass itself is made from Flamed Sycamore, Wenge and a Macassar ebony fretboard.
There is a slight groove on the second fret, a mistake made during the the fret lining (see picture), but does not affect its playability whatsoever, and to be honest is not noticeable when playing either.

Very reluctant to sell but need the money.

Hardware:
EMG active pickup,
Status brass nut
Wilkinson open back machine heads
Dunlop Nickel Roundwound lights

Weight: approximately 8 lbs
String spacing: 16.5mm

Comes with:
flat wound Rotosound strings
carry case

South West London

I bought this a few months ago from the maker and I have to say this thing plays beautifully.

Asking for £850 or nearest offer. Will post for extra cost.

Any questions let me know!

Cheers
[url="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6F9wP6aoKcJUHQxbFR3NEE4dms"][attachment=236475:IMG_5052.JPG][attachment=236473:IMG_5053.JPG][attachment=236470:IMG_5057.JPG][attachment=236469:IMG_5056.JPG][attachment=236472:IMG_5059.JPG][attachment=236468:IMG_5055.JPG][attachment=236467:IMG_5060.JPG][attachment=236466:IMG_5206.JPG][/url]

Edited by frazerjt

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All,

So sorry for the late reply on this! I hadn't been getting any notifications!

I couldn't comment on the slant of the bridge to be honest, I found this odd at first too but soon forgot about it!

I'm having some issues with uploading the additional photos that show the fret lining and the groove error. Hopefully these links will work instead:

[url="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6F9wP6aoKcJUHQxbFR3NEE4dms"]Photos[/url]

Also, additional info:

Weight: 8 lbs
String spacing: 16.4mm

Thanks

Edited by frazerjt

Guy in Scotland called Alex. He'd acquired all of these woods and him and a friend built two of the same bass for his son, one as a back up in case of mistakes. Turns out they both came out looking and sounding pretty great so he'd decided to sell the other.