Why become a member? ×

Sold '02 Spector NS2000/4 £375
£375

DoubleOhStephan

Thanks to a new arrival (Sire V7, awesome, from Harry, also awesome) this lovely bass has been relegated to pre-sale hardcase. It turns out that 10 guitars is 1 guitar too many...

I bought the Spector about 18 months ago as a back up to a '99 version of this bass (which is going to the grave with me). They don't come up for sale very often, so when I saw this on eBay, I picked it up. I sent it to get a checkup & setup at the local shop and since then it's been used very lightly at home, spending most of its time looking pretty in the rack.

The NS2000 is a hidden gem, and this one is in almost perfect condition. There is one small dink by the jack socket which is the only mark on it. CORRECTION- the dink is on the top of the top horn.

Pics here with more to follow https://goo.gl/photos/tenyE7M6QqnN8TPK9

Specs are awesome and it feels like a proper Spector, maybe not US level, but definitely comparable with Euros.

NS-2000™ fully carved body
Figured Maple Top
Maple Wings
Neck-Thru construction
34"4 String
24 frets
Three Piece Neck
Dot Pearl Markers
Rosewood Fingerboard
Passive EMG HZ™ pickups
Active EQ - 9v
Black hardware
Spector Locking Bridge (Korean Import Version)

I'm open to offers on this one as it has to go and as this is a one in, one out thing, no trades sorry.

Edited by StevieE

Hi mate, just weighed it and it's coming in at a lightweight 6lb.

All, I've just weighed again and although it's still showing at 6lb, I'm not confident that the weighing thing I'm using is accurate. My Fortress is coming in at 7lb, as is my Sire. I don't have any other way to weigh it and I can't seem to find anything on the net I'm afraid.

Edited by StevieE

Thanks bobbass4k. Turns out I'm an idiot and didn't have the scales calibrated properly.

Just weighed again and its coming in about the same, around 5kg.

I don't really want to sell this one tbh, but my '99 is the keeper. It doesn't have the figured maple cap so is a little thinner. Not sure that's the defining reason I prefer it, it just has that magic ingredient that makes certain basses unsellable.

Cheers!