Why become a member? ×

How high do you crank your amp?

hrnn1234

[quote name='hrnn1234' timestamp='1481641446' post='3193943']
you don't need to piss on your band members with your volume knob.
[/quote]

An excellent phrase, which I intend to use in the future :lol:

Edited by Graham

With my old TE AH200 & 2 cabs at 4ohms - Master Volume no more than 2/10

With my TC Classic 450 & 4ohm Barefaced 210 - Master volume between 3/10 & 4.5/10 depending on size of venue.

Always set to suit drums and venue / stage size.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1481617054' post='3193665']
Same way of thinking as Phil, for me.
[/quote]

Yup and me, though it does depend on the stage/venue and monitoring. Or if I am wearing in-ears, of course!!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1481744415' post='3194835']
Yup and me, though it does depend on the stage/venue and monitoring. Or if I am wearing in-ears, of course!!
[/quote]

I also wanted to add that I am lucky to be able to share the stage with very talented drummers mostly who are able to get the best out of their kits without leathering the last bit of life out of them. Loud, but not stupid loud. Quiet, but not stupid quiet :)

Most of my band is acoustic or primarily reliant on monitors for stage volume. Both myself and our guitarist actively try and keep the stage volume down. Hartke LH500, typically around 9 - 10 o'clock in to 1 or 2 x 2 x 10 cabs (depending on stage size). I wouldn't want to be louder than this on stage. FOH is usually through a PA anyway. The cabs are a bit underpowered though, so it's partly defensive - I don't want to fry the voice coils. It's worth remembering that not all volume controls are created equally too - some amps give nothing much extra past about 12 o'clock anyway, so >10 o'clock might be effectively wide open.