Why become a member? ×

Peavey (Dynabass)?) International Series

TJ72

What do you need a manual for? If it's active as you're sitting with it in your lap, the top most knob will be volume, the left knob will be pickup blend, and the other two will be bass and treble cut/boost, you can of course find this all out by turning them :)

You'll know which is the volume knob by the obvious change in volume, and to find out which is the blend knob turn it one way and tap the pickups with a screwdriver then turn it the other way and tap the same pickup. Then to find out which tone knob is which just turn up the remaining two on full one at a time, and it will become apparent what does what, pretty simple really :huh: Hope that helped

And welcome to to the forum, those peavey basses are meant to be pretty damn good!

Many thanks for your replies guys :).

I must admit this feels the nicest bass I have ever owned (not that Ive ever owned a nice one lol - CSL Jazz, BC Rich Bitch, Tanglewood Liberty), absoluteley love the weight of the body and feel of the neck.
Really easy to play.

Think Im on a winner for once :huh:

[quote name='TJ72' post='305968' date='Oct 14 2008, 08:03 AM']love the weight of the body and feel of the neck.
Really easy to play.

Think Im on a winner for once :)[/quote]
I bought a Peavey from their e-bay shop and play it out of choice over other supposedly better makes. There is a great range of tones and the comment you made about loving the feel of the thing is for the me the single most important aspect of any instrument. Nothing makes up for an instrument that doesn't feel comfortable. Not the price tag, label, strings, amazing sound or output - none of it matters if you don't feel right holding it.

I bought a red cherry like the one on the picture, I have to say that is the most comfortable bass I've ever player. Being an active guy I dropped a Bartolini NTBT 2 band preamp in and it turned out to be a beast. I love this bass and definitely is a keeper.

Edited by Mcgiver69