Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fodera Matt Garrison Signature 5
£6750

mrbassman_de

Fodera Matt Garrison Signature 5 - the real one !

With tears in my heart I offer my rare Matt Garrison Signature 5 for sale. It is the real Signature, not the Standard model.

Specs:

Chestnut Burl Top (not available anymore at this grade)
Walnut Body
5 pc Ash Neck
Ebony Board with 26 frets
33" scale, 19mm spacing at bridge
Chestnut Tone Block
Duncan Dual Coils
Pope Preamp pre-2009 version
Black Hardware
Original Chestnut Ramp
Weight ~5kg
Original Case and Tools
Strung E-C

It is a wonderful bass with ultra-low action, very responsive - pure fun for any soloist and chord player. Top condition - everything works as it should. Well balanced on the strap even with its ~5kg weight.

Due to the distinct Figured Chestnut Burl this model will not be available anymore.

Like the original one this is tuned E-C and I feel that this is the best match for this bass. I will give a bunch of brand new and sealed Fodera Garrison 100-28 string packs as an add-on to this bass.

This bass has been sold here long long ago and since then it has had 3-4 owners. The strange thing is that none of them had realized that the pickups have been wrongly wired to the Pope pre. And all solderings and cables looked untouched when I received it - so the mistake seems to be factory made - not sure of course but most likely. The result was that this bass sounded very thin with balance set to center - it was out-of-phase ! I fixed this of course and since then the bass sounds great and belongs to the top Foderas I ever owned - and owned a few :-)

This bass is SOLD

Pics here:
[url="http://s934.photobucket.com/user/mrbassman_de/library/Basses/Fodera%20MG5%20Signature%20Chestnut"]http://s934.photobuc...ture%20Chestnut[/url]

Edited by mrbassman_de

Ahh, this was mine - I remember selling it to the US a few years ago. Nice top, don't remember any problems with the wiring. Sold it very cheaply by current standards (but made a few bob) and it's replacement made it worth it. First saw this in the Gallery then it popped up a few years later - board was massively too wide for me, but nice to have tried. Very even across the board, accurate, detailed tone. All this was before the Fodera story took off. Very nice bass for a collector or player - really nice chestnut, though the flux pattern wasn't my favourite of Fodera's early stock. Sounds nuts, but probably a bit of a bargain! Good luck - will probably fly out!

I just received a message from one of the previous owners, who had no trouble with an out-of-phase effect, so he can't confirm my assumption that the wrong wiring was factory made. Finally it seems that the preamp had been subsequently rewired or replaced.

Anyway. Fixed and sounds like a charm now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...