Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Items for Sale Question

thebrig

I'm having a clear out, and I am about to list a load of effects pedals.

Now it's probably me, but the way I read the charges it just wouldn't be worthwhile, here's what it states:

[b]You will be charged £7 per item, or £20 for unlimited items for a year on items over £50[/b].

I really wanted to pay the annual fee of £20, but does that mean I will be charged an extra £7 to list each pedal, because all but one will be under £50?

And if I decide to go the £7 per item route, it just wouldn't be worthwhile, as I intend to list them low in the hope that they sell, and that people will get something for a reasonable price, but some are as low as £15, so if I take £3 off for postage and £7 for the listing, that means I end up with just a fiver.

Ideally, I would like to list them separately so I can include all the necessary info, so would I be better off putting them on eBay where most weeks they offer free listings, or should I pay a one-off fee of £7, and price them all separately in the one very long listing on here?

As Roland said anything under £50 is free.

If you want to sell an item that is over and above £50, then you have a choice: either pay £7 to advertise it, or splash out £20 which means you can then advertise that item and any others that are over £50, for a whole year.
It's a bargain. :)

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1475478727' post='3146122']
As Roland said anything under £50 is free.

If you want to sell an item that is over and above £50, then you have a choice: either pay £7 to advertise it, or splash out £20 which means you can then advertise that item and any others that are over £50, for a whole year.
It's a bargain. :)
[/quote]Cheers Gary, I thought it might be me, although I still think its a little bit confusing the way it is worded. :unsure:

When I tried to list the first item which was £45, a notice kept flashing up saying [b]You will be charged £7 per item, or £20 for unlimited items for a year on items over £50[/b], it didn't say anything about items a under £50 are free, so I didn't list it.

I agree that £20 is a bargain, thats the option I normally take whenever need to shift a bass or two to make way for another incoming beauty! :)

I'm trying again to list a pedal which I'm putting up for sale at £45, but each time I click on Post New Topic, a message says, [b]Please enter a Price[/b], it kept doing this last night when I tried to list it.

I have definitely entered a price in the box, but if I hover over the price box, I keep getting the same message as before, [b]You will be charged £7 per item, or £20 for unlimited items for a year on items over £50[/b], what am I doing wrong? :dash1:

[quote name='thebrig' timestamp='1475492758' post='3146295']...what am I doing wrong? :dash1:
[/quote]

I don't know what's wrong, but here's a couple of screen shots showing how I just did this. What are you doing that's different..?

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Are you using a PC, a Mac or (Horror... Shock...) a 'phone..? Maybe the cause is there..?

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1475495543' post='3146323']
I don't know what's wrong, but here's a couple of screen shots showing how I just did this. What are you doing that's different..?

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Are you using a PC, a Mac or (Horror... Shock...) a 'phone..? Maybe the cause is there..?
[/quote]I'm doing exactly that.

I'm using a mac

No, it's because I've just posted a bagful of magic influence. No need to thank me; I should have done it sooner. T'Interweb needs a healthy dose of magic to run smoothly. I tried prayer, but find it much less effective than magic. 25 lb sledges help, too, especially with Macs.
Glas it's fixed, anyhow; well done.

[quote name='thebrig' timestamp='1475444652' post='3146016']
I'm having a clear out, and I am about to list a load of effects pedals.

Now it's probably me, but the way I read the charges it just wouldn't be worthwhile, here's what it states:

[b]You will be charged £7 per item, or £20 for unlimited items for a year on items over £50[/b].

I really wanted to pay the annual fee of £20, but does that mean I will be charged an extra £7 to list each pedal, because all but one will be under £50?

And if I decide to go the £7 per item route, it just wouldn't be worthwhile, as I intend to list them low in the hope that they sell, and that people will get something for a reasonable price, but some are as low as £15, so if I take £3 off for postage and £7 for the listing, that means I end up with just a fiver.

Ideally, I would like to list them separately so I can include all the necessary info, so would I be better off putting them on eBay where most weeks they offer free listings, or should I pay a one-off fee of £7, and price them all separately in the one very long listing on here?
[/quote]

I have to say that it could be worded clearer!