Why become a member? ×

Cheese Alert !!

tonybassplayer

[quote name='gary mac' post='301910' date='Oct 8 2008, 09:03 AM']I've been trying to persuade the band I'm in, to do the Alex Harvey Band version of Delilah. Falling on deaf ears at the moment, cos it's not a twelve bar :)[/quote]

The definitive version IMHO! TO paraphrase the old Marstons pedigree advert "If you can't get the band you're in to do the Alex Harvey Band version of Delilah change bands!"

Edited by Clive Thorne

We do Walking On Sunshine too, it's a cracker... first verse is slow with just guitar and vocal, the punters are always singing along by the time it gets to the first "whoa-ohh" bit, then the band launches in and they go mental. And just for a laugh, we've got the cricket theme 'Soul Limbo' in the middle.
And we do Delilah too.
Cheese rools! :)

[quote name='Rich' post='302343' date='Oct 8 2008, 05:02 PM']We do Walking On Sunshine too, it's a cracker... first verse is slow with just guitar and vocal, the punters are always singing along by the time it gets to the first "whoa-ohh" bit, then the band launches in and they go mental. And just for a laugh, we've got the cricket theme 'Soul Limbo' in the middle.
And we do Delilah too.
Cheese rools! :)[/quote]

So thats what it's called then. Our keyboard player started playing Walking on Sunshine and I was trying to explain to the band that it sounded like the start of the cricket....might see if we can slip it in somewhere ( you can never have too much cheese when people want to dance !! )

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='302359' date='Oct 8 2008, 05:17 PM']I don't know why, but I alway cringe when the Booker T & the MGs Soul Limbo is referred to as the cricket theme. Like hearing The William Tell Overture referred to as "the Lone Ranger Theme"[/quote]Fair enough... but if you say to most people "oh we do Booker T & the MG's 'Soul Limbo'", they'll go "Nah, don't know it mate". But if you tell them "oh we do that tune off the cricket on telly", they'll go "ah right, that calypsoey one, do do-do do-dooo...". Sad fact.

Had a great rehearsal last night, putting the final polish on our latest slab o' cheese... a medley of "I Want You Back" and "ABC". Bassist's dream, those two. Love it :) :huh: The next chunk of edam on our to-do list is "Disco Inferno" apparently...

[quote name='Rich' post='302729' date='Oct 9 2008, 07:51 AM']The next chunk of edam on our to-do list is "Disco Inferno" apparently...[/quote]

Get your singer, or a member of the audience - or your singer leading every member of the audience - to do the David Brent dance, for a bit of pop culture cross-referencing.

[quote name='Rich' post='302729' date='Oct 9 2008, 07:51 AM']Fair enough... but if you say to most people "oh we do Booker T & the MG's 'Soul Limbo'", they'll go "Nah, don't know it mate". But if you tell them "oh we do that tune off the cricket on telly", they'll go "ah right, that calypsoey one, do do-do do-dooo...". Sad fact.

Had a great rehearsal last night, putting the final polish on our latest slab o' cheese... a medley of "I Want You Back" and "ABC". Bassist's dream, those two. Love it :) :huh: The next chunk of edam on our to-do list is "Disco Inferno" apparently...[/quote]

We already do "I Want You Back" and "Disco Inferno" both go down a storm and great to play ( although I have to be honest and admit to playing them "in the spirit" of the songs rather than note for note )

More cheese required !!

[quote name='tonybassplayer' post='302917' date='Oct 9 2008, 12:39 PM']We already do "I Want You Back" and "Disco Inferno" both go down a storm and great to play ( although I have to be honest and admit to playing them "in the spirit" of the songs rather than note for note )

More cheese required !![/quote]

You want cheese, my band does Disco inferno, Oh What a night (Late December back in '63) etc AND That's the Way I like it! They all keep the dance floor filled...

All great songs for bass players, although I sometimes have a mental block about the starting run down on Disco Inferno.

Steve

[quote name='StevieC' post='302928' date='Oct 9 2008, 12:50 PM']You want cheese, my band does Disco inferno, Oh What a night (Late December back in '63) etc AND That's the Way I like it! They all keep the dance floor filled...

All great songs for bass players, although I sometimes have a mental block about the starting run down on Disco Inferno.

Steve[/quote]

We also do "That's The Way I Like It " I'm beginning to wonder if we are contenders for England's Cheesiest Band !!